What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghostbusters ColorDMD code finally!

1006f220193836b0f8e6ad7ccda94f7b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s been a while since I installed one of these but think I’ll have to get one for GB - do I need the spacing/fitting kit?

Edit: Worth getting from the States instead of over here? The soon to be brother-in-law is studying over there so I could get one shipped to him to bring over in Dec if so.

It’s been a while since I installed one of these but think I’ll have to get one for GB - do I need the spacing/fitting kit?

Edit: Worth getting from the States instead of over here? The soon to be brother-in-law is studying over there so I could get one shipped to him to bring over in Dec if so.
Definitely worth getting it in the States. Cheaper + avoids import and international shipping!

FINALLY!!!!! :D :D :D

Yup - definitely worth getting from the US if you have a contact there - Current prices in the UK are £1 = $1... You will also need a clear front replacement (The standard one installed is Red), and it is advised a Distribution Panel from PBL for the power (tho this can be done internally)

Yup - definitely worth getting from the US if you have a contact there - Current prices in the UK are £1 = $1... You will also need a clear front replacement (The standard one installed is Red), and it is advised a Distribution Panel from PBL for the power (tho this can be done internally)

Cheers Paul, sounds like it’s got a bit more complex since I last installed one in Tron. Now I just have to decide if I can wait until December to get one!

At last! I have a ColorDMD set to slime green already fitted - can't wait to switch it to colour.

Hopefully the final code update will be coming soon.

Been waiting for this with a colorDMD I took out of Star Trek. Its an older one that requires both 5v and 12V. It had better work in my spike! Does anyone know the voltages used by the standard DMD (12V?) Can I rob that to power the LCD panel?
Looking at the site, they run on just 12V now? Hate to have to sell it just to buy another...

... and the gaskets haven't shown up yet either.

Hi Phil, yes the new chroma boards need just 12v now which you can take directly from the power board. I had a few emails with Randy Perlow back in January when fitting one to my GB. You will need to get 5v from somewhere for older boards. Do you have a newer model in another machine you could swap it with? I'm going to email you the conversation we had too.

OK, having had a look at the schematic, CN24 is the lead to the current display which has 5V (schematic says 5V & GND to display), it MUST also have 12V as that powers the display. Hopeful I can just make a cable to run these voltages to the correct pinouts on the display.

That looks super awesome! What's the best way to get hold of the hardware in the UK, direct from the ColourDMD website? If so anyone have any idea what the total price is including import tax/VAT etc?

That looks super awesome! What's the best way to get hold of the hardware in the UK, direct from the ColourDMD website? If so anyone have any idea what the total price is including import tax/VAT etc?

https://www.pinballdisplays.co.uk/ is where I've ordered from in the past - I think it would be your best bet if ordering in the UK.

Agree that it looks fantastic and I've been getting back into GB recently so perfect timing. Looking forward to getting this installed!

Back
Top Bottom