What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting a pin upstairs.

paul h

Site Supporter
Hi

I haven't played much pinball recently as there was nowhere nearby with a machine. A few months ago, a local pub got a machine in, which reminded me how well pinball and beer go together. Sadly, the pin was VERY unreliable and only lasted a few weeks (even worse, the pub closed down a couple of months later).

Anyway, this all got me to thinking about buying a pin, but I can't put one downstairs (without losing the pool table) so was thinking about going upstairs. Has anyone got any tips/advice on the feasibility of getting a pin upstairs? - my stairs are 33" wide with a 90 degree turn at the bottom and are open to a galleried landing (i.e. no ceiling to worry about).

Cheers

Paul

Easiest thing to do is split in to 3 parts. Remove head and playfield then it’ll be relatively simple.

Thanks for the replies. Is it easy to take off and reattach the back box and/or playfield? I wouldn't know where to start, but am not adverse to taking things apart - sometimes I even manage to put things back together again! :)

There are a lot connectors to undo but as long as you take lots of pics and mark them, it’s straight forward. Once those are unplugged the playfield will lift out easily. Then it’s just two bolts to remove the back box.

Or if you have an old Williams style game the loom has connectors so there’s only about 4 plugs to undo.

Thanks. Puts my mind at rest over buying a pin and not being able to get it where I want.

Just got to find the right pin now.

Easier option is to get rid of the pool table... specially as pins generally tend to start to multiply... :thumbs:

Have got permission from the Mrs to take over a spare bedroom, so I can cope with a little bit of multiplication. Can't relinquish the pool room though - I just know she would quickly fill it with something "useful"!

I take pins up my stairs often. Remove the back box. Push the cabinet up on it's own. It can be heavy work especially if your stair well is steep like mine (@new forest pinball can confirm!) but very doable with a couple of you
Are you he-man?
When i bought my getaway the first time, we had to get down 2 flights of stairs. The fire alarm went off half way down and the fire brigade turned up. While we were coming down, they wanted to come up.
"Just a minute guys, won't be too long... unless you want to give us a hand? No? Okay!"

Just to clarify we think it was those vaping death sticks that set it off. Everyone was okay and nobody died

Are you he-man?
When i bought my getaway the first time, we had to get down 2 flights of stairs. The fire alarm went off half way down and the fire brigade turned up. While we were coming down, they wanted to come up.
"Just a minute guys, won't be too long... unless you want to give us a hand? No? Okay!"

Just to clarify we think it was those vaping death sticks that set it off. Everyone was okay and nobody died

i.imgur.com_eSZAuh8.gif

Back
Top Bottom