What's new

Games room design

M4carp

Site Supporter
Alias
Lostcause
Just decided to build a games room in part of my garage, it’s a big garage that was built for a large Winnebago.
Room is going to be about 8m x 2.8m approx which is about 25% of garage so about 10 pins in a line with room oppersite for dj booth/bar maybe. Could have more width.
Any tips that would help would be appreciated, I’m an electrician so wiring/power is covered.
Thinking 2.3m high but have upto 5m if I want it but would like to have storage space on top.
My current games room is upstairs in a spare room which is a pain, I could drive a van in the garage and drop off by games room door which would be unreal.
Once weather warms up and I have cleared all the crap I have stored up in the garage it will be all systems go.

You could take a look at my new pinroom thread - I started from a garage also. If you read through I think I put most of the spec in there but can help out with anything else on top....

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/new-pinroom.40412/

Thanks for that, amazing room you have there! Given me some idea’s like I should have it a bit wider!

Would be nice to be able to sound proof it but think that will cost too much, will insulate as much as possible.
Probably fit split a/c unit in there.
Can’t wait to get it started.

Thanks for that, amazing room you have there! Given me some idea’s like I should have it a bit wider!

Would be nice to be able to sound proof it but think that will cost too much, will insulate as much as possible.
Probably fit split a/c unit in there.
Can’t wait to get it started.

@Neil McRae posted a shortlist summary of similar pinshed build threads. I can’t find it right now though.

EDIT: see below

Last edited:
We bought the house from my wife’s uncle who had the garage built for a massive RV, it’s got a decent size room upstairs that I converted into a cinema room years ago but too awkward to put machines in plus probably a weight issue which is a shame and annoying.
Going to build the room in the back right corner finishing at air chamber and between the patio doors (I know patio doors, but floor level outside is bottom of door height lol)

5923C4D8-7FE2-4A62-B75D-0FAB8EA368BA.jpeg

Does your car have some kind of immune deficiency?

No but living in wales and putting your car in garage and not using it you are asking for trouble!
Only 80 of those in the uk and thought I better look after it.

Back
Top Bottom