What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game abbreviation shortcuts things

Wizcat

Registered
Alias
Paul G
Those things that appear all the time can be a bit annoying and make normal sentences a bit hard to read sometimes.

"So I met Nellie and im very impressed with her lovely melons"

Can I suggest a few are removed from the database, or at least only made to appear if the user types the abbreviation in all caps?

IM is the one that frequently appears by mistake. There are probably others...

Can pinball people just not refer to a game by its proper name? I never came across the abbreviation thing with the videogame side of the hobby.

I have to admit i don't know what game people are talking about half the time (as I have not memorised the initials of all 4000 pinball machines yet ;) ) so I do find the automatic game name abbreviation thing on here handy

If people spelt properly then it wouldn't be an issue... ;)

I'm ..... IM

See - easy...

However met is maybe an issue... MET

EDIT - no it's not :D
EDIT EDIT - yes it is :D

Hmmm something strange going on here!

Last edited:
How's the decision made which game to link when there's a number of possibilities? F'r instance 'SS'; it's Scared Stiff, I see, but could've been Space Shuttle, Space Station or Strange Science (and maybe others). Or 'HH' - Haunted House or Hollywood Heat?

How's the decision made which game to link when there's a number of possibilities? F'r instance 'SS'; it's Scared Stiff, I see, but could've been Space Shuttle, Space Station or Strange Science (and maybe others). Or 'HH' - Haunted House or Hollywood Heat?

It makes no sense, and thus I propose we all use full names instead :)

Back
Top Bottom