What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Furniture sliders

cooldan

i like pizza
Hi fellas

So I did a comparison of a couple of things I found on eBay to see if I could protect my wooden floors in my rented accommodation.

These ones are cheap and they protect the floor, pretty good for a lighter thing like a coffee table. felt pads 7p each:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/felt-pads...ty-new-feet-/171070503052?hash=item27d498b88c

Whereas these, also protecting the floor, cost a teeny bit more (still cheap) also allow easy machine movement on a hard surface. teflon gliders 70p each

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162632281498

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171019_27d1e76c9dfa740ef46a2fdf3ca44d85.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171019_62a1d4f7e891d27f9f78107db383460a.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171019_f7b27459fcc8d1d0258ba1dd130237a1.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171019_ef5b33292d1c56321c692c0f4784fbdf.jpguploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171019_420adfdc92df842f755b37dda35d206f.jpg

The proof is in the pudding-

Not sure how well those are going to protect the floor from gouging furrows as the weight is still concentrated into 50p sized footprints. Might be better with wider ones to spread the load out a bit? I have the rubber feet on mine but they're terrible for nudging.

B and Q sell these as packs of 4 - around £6 from memory. Felt cups and they do wooden looking ones as well.

Great for wooden floors. Can nudge easily as well!

IMG_2180.JPG

Not sure how well those are going to protect the floor from gouging furrows as the weight is still concentrated into 50p sized footprints. Might be better with wider ones to spread the load out a bit?
good advice BobWalker, based on this i've bought some of the 50mm ones for a tryout (the ones in my pics and video are 30mm) for approximately 2.8x the footprint of each one. spreading the weight a little will be easier on the floor, though i suspect that for ultimate nudging help, the thing should be smaller like a marble on a caster. we will see, i'll try some side by side one-hand nudging with 30mm vs 50mm teflon casters.

Phil at heaven does snug fitting rubber feet. I would think that these bad boys should sort it.

The problem is that they render your pinball rigid with the floor. They make nudging quite tough (unless you undo the locking nuts on the feet adjusters). So I now have tennis elbow.

https://www.pinball.co.uk/shop/cabinet-body-parts/rubber-shoe-for-bottom-of-pinball-leg-set-of-4/

That's what I've got on mine. They're fine on RFM as that thing is too damn heavy to nudge anyway. They do make TWD quite a bit trickier, but handy for blaming low scores on them.

Got wood floors and I use rubber feet but then also small double sided carpet squares.

Rubber feet spread the load and carpet square allows movement :)

Use new carpet off-cuts - cut a piece 4" x 8" and then fold in half, pile on the outside, and then place under each foot. Ok maybe doesn't look great if you have a 'posh' games room but effective :thumbs:

Or if you have time cut smaller pieces of carpet, glue to underneath of cup/foot of your choice and then trim round.

Ok, I've MacGyver'd a solution I think. Not tested it yet though. I bought some 60mm castors from B&Q (had to settle for horrible brown unfortunately). They have thick felt underneath for sliding. And then I thought "Hmm I wonder if my rubber feet will fit inside these?". They don't. But they do fit perfectly if you trim the lip off with a pair of scissors. So the rubber feet should hold the pinball feet snugly and help sliding ability.

20171021_172424.jpg

i used to have a set of the Manny wooden ones, they were pricey and not that special, just a thin layer of felt on the bottom wouldn't allow movement of a heavy pin. sold them last NLP, prob put a picture up back last Sept

I have some manny style feet if any one wants them. £25 per set inc. postage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, kids are in bed so I've finally managed to test the sliders. 1st go on TWD with them = 136million. They work. You can slide the machine around with impunity. So much better than the rubber feet on their own.

Back
Top Bottom