What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FS: The Shadow

Rus121

Site Supporter
Had a few people interested, so here it is for anyone wanting a nice machine that plays 100%.

20110822181722-1.jpg

20110822181754-1.jpg

Its 100% working with a very nice playfield. Small amount of sanctum wear, but has been mylared over to prevent any further damage. All 3 flippers rebuilt recently, brand new set of legs, good DMD with minor shading on bottom right corner, new pinled dmd display driver board. Rebuilt battlefield opto pcb, and overhauled all optos. Looking for £1300 but offers are invited.

Any other info/pics you need, just ask and i wil get them sorted for you. Any Q's, just ask. Cheers,

Russ.

Nice nail varnish Russ
rolleyes-1.gif

Don't know what to make of my Shadow, not played it enough to establish an opinion, love the ball lock, battlefield is tricky, not sure if mines a keeper or shifter, it will take another year to come to a conclusion, know that it stands next to a Flintstones and that seems like more fun :confused:, but as the Shadow is so highly rated there must be a top quality pin there waiting to be realised.

Dreads' date=' post: 1678292 said:
Nice nail varnish Russ
rolleyes-1.gif

Don't know what to make of my Shadow, not played it enough to establish an opinion, love the ball lock, battlefield is tricky, not sure if mines a keeper or shifter, it will take another year to come to a conclusion, know that it stands next to a Flintstones and that seems like more fun :confused:, but as the Shadow is so highly rated there must be a top quality pin there waiting to be realised.

Lol, cheers. I tend to play better with a confidence booster that only comes from a fresh set of painted fingertips......
rolleyes-1.gif
biggrin-1.png

I love the shadow, and i may end up regretting selling it as its got just the right amount of difficulty/playability for me. So many other machines out there means they all must move on at some point tho. I keep being told i should sell no fear as its now the longest kept pin i have. I ignore the comments and quickly retort....... 'Obviously you have NO FEAR" hehe...

Must be one heavy piece of mylar judging at the shipping cost (outrageous) ask them to stick it in an envelope with a 1st class stamp on it

Dreads' date=' post: 1678371 said:
Must be one heavy piece of mylar judging at the shipping cost (outrageous) ask them to stick it in an envelope with a 1st class stamp on it

Haha ...good luck getting an answer from Jeff at Classic Arcades, his customer service is flaky at best. Some of his decals too are pretty shoddy too - I had some for a game and they weren't even the correct size !?! Some of his stuff is fine though, I just think his quality control needs tightening up.

GrizZ' date=' post: 1678373 said:
Haha ...good luck getting an answer from Jeff at Classic Arcades, his customer service is flaky at best. Some of his decals too are pretty shoddy too - I had some for a game and they weren't even the correct size !?! Some of his stuff is fine though, I just think his quality control needs tightening up.

Just got some decals for SS and the quality of the print on them is a joke. Bloody big lines throughout them. The resolution of the print on the decals is crap too. Complained to him, heard nothing. Complained again using the word 'paypal claim', and got an answer immediately.
biggrin-1.png
. Looks like hes sending me some new ones.....

Dreads' date=' post: 1678378 said:
Bet the shipping was about $400 on a decal set if it's £6 on 2" square piece of mylar

Plus the colour is no where near a match, its a lot lighter shade of grey.

The machine i have doesnt need one anyway. The previous owner mylared over what is very minor wear consisting of a couple of light cracks and some carbon dust worked into the surface. I bet some cleaning with novus 2 would make it look a whole lot better, but of course, the mylar needs to be removed first.....

Rus121' date=' post: 1678391 said:
The machine i have doesnt need one anyway. The previous owner mylared over what is very minor wear consisting of a couple of light cracks and some carbon dust worked into the surface. I bet some cleaning with novus 2 would make it look a whole lot better, but of course, the mylar needs to be removed first.....

There are light abrasive pads recommended for that job (called Mr Muscle or something similar, don’t laugh), have some stored somewhere, apparently they are the dogs for removing that black ingrained stuff just before you mylar.

Back
Top Bottom