What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale-Twilight Zone

JimBrady

Registered
fully working-needs a good cleaning for starters.Broken wire on the diverter to Power playfield and left upper flipper weakens occasionally.I am in Donegal.Will consider all reasonable offers.Can I avoid the whole epay thing and just flog it here? Anyone in Ireland looking one? Of course you don't have to be in Ireland but it's a long drive if you're not.Was supposed to trade with Andy H but I can wait no longer and changed my mind anyway-Andy if you're reading-you gave me wayyy too much thinking time

Jim

pics here http://www.adverts.ie/825196

youtube vid of startup here

It's listed for sale elsewhere -need to move this on a.s.a.p.

Lovin the avatar Jim ..... Monster Magnet R*O*C*K :cool: My brother once ended up back in their tour bus after a gig in Newcastle - I think he was helping them with some 'cigarettes'
wink-1.png
- ...anyway he says it was one of the freakiest hours of his life ..... heh heh heh

Ive

funnily enough Ive I went over to see them last year at Rock City and after the gig I was stumbling through some doors and ended up out the back and there was Dave standing with 2 fans and his missus--had a nice chat and got some pics-nice bloke--couldn't believe he was older than me -actually 51 or 52 -I was shocked---have loved the Magnet since wayyyy back

so no interst in twilight zone then--right it's gettin smashed
wink-1.png

Jim.... have you mentioned it on UKPinball also. Still way more traffic there.

Surprised if nobody is interested. Its TZ for goodness sake ! Same old story people bang on about not being able to find the big titles, then when one comes along .....

I think people will want it, sure. The problem is collecting it from Ireland (well, for uk buyers anyway). I remember Jim offering it on the group a while back and i was up for going over on the ferry to get it. That was until i realised how much it was going to cost in fuel and ferry fees. That leaves only the courier option, and thats a lot of money to spend without seeing it in person.

Perhaps getting some quotes for shipping to the UK along with some more detailed pics of the playfield surface could persuade potential buyers to fork out the coin?
wink-1.png

ya know - if i was after a TZ, and the price was right, i'd have no hesitation getting on a ferry and picking it up. Problem from this side of the water is that if Andy H was unable to drop off on one of his trips across then it would effectively add £200+ onto the cost.

Saying that i used to have a TZ, and whilst i WANTED to like it i hated every minute - was possible the most boring machine i ever owned!!

Paul' date=' post: 1677519 said:
Saying that i used to have a TZ, and whilst i WANTED to like it i hated every minute - was possible the most boring machine i ever owned!!

TZ does seem to have that polarizing effect on people. You either think ...meh ..or you become a fully signed up TZ disciple forever boring non believers with the intricate details of the seemingly endless features and rules :cool:

My theory is its because it truly does not play like any other machine, nothing else feels like it - very unique pf layout combined with the craziest rules out there. Lawlors masterpiece. FTR I absolutely love the game, find it endlessly fascinating, epic rules and features, so many ways to immerse yourself in the Zone ..... you just have to find the way in;)

needless to say I agree with Ive
wink-1.png
-masterpiece is the correct word -it is number 1 on the ipdb not because it is boring but probably because it is challenging--I love it but have played it continuously for over a year now --still only got lost in the zone twice

I fell in love with it the first time I played it - still remember ... Santa Monica, California....on the pier arcade...it was brand new, had just come out, they had the volume so loud that when you nailed the Jackpot literally everyone in the place turned round to see what the hell was going on
biggrin-1.png
I played it solidly for like 2 days, and raved about it when I got home as me and my pin buddies hadn't seen one over here yet at that point.

love it Ive-great memories--that jackpot sound is one of the best if not theeeee

I still do a little dance when I get the high score and the machine ratchets up the tune haha

I've had my TZ for about 13 years (!). I think it's a keeper
wink-1.png

Best machine ever made IMO. Quite how AFM and MM (good though they are) seem to be more sought aftr at the moment is beyond me...

totally agree ZTH-I wouldn't mind keeping it but my situation does not allow it.I'm aiming for NIB something as my next pin but that will be next year most likely

anyway the Tz will go on ebay and I will let the auction finish so we will find out what the people think it is worth.Will post it this sunday to run for a week and I'll take a new video and loads more pics of the sparkling playfield and cabinet but not the manky legs
wink-1.png

Good luck with the sale Jim.

By the way Jim Where were you at this years Pin Party ? Hope you will be at Northern Lights Pinball in Blackpool this November.
smile-1.png

All the info at www.ukpinball.com

Ah man...

I would have taken your arm off on this and I'm only down the road in Belfast(ok a couple hundred kms).

Ive just agreed a deal for 5 machines so I'm short of cash.

If your looking to swap for a couple of DE machines let me know... :)

replicas' date=' post: 1677550 said:
Good luck with the sale Jim.

By the way Jim Where were you at this years Pin Party ? Hope you will be at Northern Lights Pinball in Blackpool this November.
smile-1.png

All the info at www.ukpinball.com

Couldn't make it this year for various reasons-bit gutted as I really wanted to see TRON.Would love to make it to Blackpool but it's highly unlikely,not even sure I will make it down to the Irish Open.

what you have in mind BigIan? Doubtful I will swap but nothing to lose by letting me know what you have available.If you happen to have a Gravitar or Robotron machine you have my undivided attention.

I meant Data East Jim

I have a Rocky & Bullwinkle, a Hook and a Simpsons by Data East. Saying that I also have a Mame arcade machine which has the those and a few thousand other games...
smile-1.png

Thanks Ian,I did know you were talking about data east but I pulled you off on a tangent there with mention of gravitar and robotron.Just in case you had either of those it could have been thrown into the mix.Not interested in mame cab though thanks anyway.What kind of condition are the 3 you mention in mate? Don't suppose any have a euro coin mech? Or any coin mech..and is it something which can be converted.Wouldn't mind siting one.The Simpsons is probably most appealing although if they were in very good working order I may be interested in any.Maybe you can throw some pics up on here?

I only have Rocky and Bullwinkle set up at the moment (oh and DE star wars at my mates house) All the other games are in storage while I sort out my garage into a pinball cave/games room or whatever.

Most of my machines have no coin mechs, although i think there is one in my High speed II but id guess its a sterling one.

Ive recently agreed a deal for 5 machines (unseen and unknown which ones) so if it comes off I might have some euro coin mechs as they are coming from a euro zone (don't want to say to much until i have them
rolleyes-1.gif
)

As for the irish open if its transport thats your issue I might be able to help out as I am hoping to head down depending on when its on (i will be away from the 10th until the 20th November).

cheers

Ian

Back
Top Bottom