What's new

Fluke dmm query

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
My mate has the same Fluke 77 dmm as me. His has developed a fault that when he switches it on it displays everything on the screen as it should but then is stuck on the minus sign and OL.
This is ths same reading on everything, volts AC DC ohms diode etc.
Does anyone know who repairs Flukes. Thanks Ken

Have you tried the swapping for a new battery and perhaps plugging your leads in to rule those out? Also check the internal fuses.

Yep replaced the battery although it was a new one. Removed his leads and tried it. Just the same. Tried my leads, no joy. Tried it with no leads, no joy. Removed the front to compare it with mine and can't see anything amiss. Soddin thing.

Yep replaced the battery although it was a new one. Removed his leads and tried it. Just the same. Tried my leads, no joy. Tried it with no leads, no joy. Removed the front to compare it with mine and can't see anything amiss. Soddin thing.
Fuses?

There's only two and they both read ok using my fluke to test them.
Pic of what his display reads whatever the switch is moved to. 747005d6-535a-47e5-b5b7-c24ed3d91535.jpg

My fluke only shows OL in resistance (ohms) and diode setting.
His is the same wherever the switch is turned and like i said above its frozen in this mode

Gotta be worth a try as i'm running out of ideas. He's on nights so i'll get it off him sometime in the morning. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom