What's new

Flipper sticking up

domlouis

Registered
My taf has started developing this new feature where the thing flipper sticks up after the button is released.
If I then press the right flipper button that tends to bring it down. Weird.
Any suggestion on what it could be?
Thanks
Dom

Check the transistors for that flipper.

Yes i had seen the same advice in other places. But it begs two more questions (to show my lack of knowledge):

- how do i find out which transistors apply to this flipper?
- how do i check a transistor?

Sorry for the basic questions....

I have had a look in the manual and i can't even find the schematics that would apply...

if it goes down when the right flipper is pressed its mechanical, part rebuild new plunger . coil sleeve and coil stop should sort it

Yes i had seen the same advice in other places. But it begs two more questions (to show my lack of knowledge):

- how do i find out which transistors apply to this flipper?
- how do i check a transistor?

Sorry for the basic questions....

I have had a look in the manual and i can't even find the schematics that would apply...

You need to have a read of pinwiki.

Also to check if it's mechanical turn the game off when it sticks up. If it drops it's electronic.

There should be a little lift in the flipper, grab it and lift vertically, you should feel about 0.5 to 1mm of movement. If there's no movement at all its binding on the through playfield bush. Strangely during my recent league meet the upper right flipper on my IMDN suddenly started sticking up and was exactly this issue, after being fine for 1 year!

if it goes down when the right flipper is pressed its mechanical, part rebuild new plunger . coil sleeve and coil stop should sort it
+1

I had this exact same problem recently, albeit the lower left flipper. The pawl was worn and was catching on the (wrong type) EOS blade, and getting stuck. Vibration would free it.

Rebuilt the flipper and the problem went away. Since it's dropping when the right one flips (vibration) then I'll bet you have a similar problem.

Photo attached if you want to see what mine looked like.

Attachments

• D4BD6FFC-F7EE-4D67-AF96-EC558216455E.jpeg
    D4BD6FFC-F7EE-4D67-AF96-EC558216455E.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
All the most recent flipper problems I have seen from modern Stern to 90s Williams have been a result of worn coil stops.

So 2 words.

Coil stops!

But yeah just rebuild it all and that will be that for years of home use.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom