What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipper coils not firing

darren_ross

Registered
Okay so I've just had cpu and driver board back from being repaired. Stuck them back in and the game poweref up fine. Start a game and two ball poppers are constantly firing and i have nothing on the flippers. Reseating everything and still the same. Fuses are all fine.:hmm:

do you have a working boardset to swap out from another machine?,that would be the obvious thing to try first

Sounds like you have no 12v Opto supply. Check in switch test. You may have missed one of the connectors bottom left of the driver board or pulled one of its wires out.

do you have a working boardset to swap out from another machine?,that would be the obvious thing to try first
Yes i can swap this over. That was my next port of call.

Sounds like you have no 12v Opto supply. Check in switch test. You may have missed one of the connectors bottom left of the driver board or pulled one of its wires out.
I kept checking that area as i had missed one previously but couldn't see anything and i checked against another machine. Will look for a wire that may of come out on connector

sounds like you have done your trick again darren like andy said chaek bottom left side of driver board bet you have a conector off or a pin out
I think it's a pin as I'm pretty thorough after having those wedged behind last time :oops:. I'll get to the bottom of it tonight. Was a long weekend.

I think it's a pin as I'm pretty thorough after having those wedged behind last time :oops:. I'll get to the bottom of it tonight. Was a long weekend.
1490631911607.jpg
Nothing out here.
When the machine first boots up the ball poppers eject.
Start game and they continuous pop and nothing on flippers

Okay I've sorted the thing. Completely removed the board and stuck it in another machine to test it and it was fine. Put the board back in and found a connector in the wrong way round. The green white at top of board. It's had a different type of connector put on it and fits both ways!
Cheers guys

Back
Top Bottom