What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Fixed] MB Frankenstein down bank switch 82 error

bethamari

Registered
Hi all,

Having a game of MB now the flipper is fixed again and I noticed that when I got Frankenstein multiball, it didn't lower Frank or the targets down to hit him.

Then noticed an error for Switch 82. Did a test on the Frank target bank and it says the bank "down" sw. is broken, the bank motor is running. Photo attached.

Any one else experienced this and have any fix ideas please? Tried to Google it but including "bank down" in the search term didn't get very help related pinball results

IMG_20180427_203933.jpg

Last edited:
The switch to tell the game frank is down is not working it is adjustable I think but awkward in situ or maybe remove the frank mech and replace both switches wpc95 switches are renouned for being rubbish

That will be the problem, origial wpc95 intermittent ****ty switches.
New switch will cure the problem.

Great thanks a lot! Could someone please help point out which switch it is that needs replacing? Thanks

IMG_20180428_090038.jpg

IMG_20180428_090023.jpg

IMG_20180428_090014.jpg

put it into switch test mode and test them individually... or go into the utilities menu and test the mech with that. Often it faults the wrong switch so testing them is best option. Could just be the switch needs adjusting.

Williams_1998_Monster_Bash_English_Manual.pdf

I'm going to guess that its the up/down bank down switch which I think is that bottom one on the inside of the plate.

Neil.

if you need a video of what its supposed to do let me know and I'll put on MB and run the test.

Thanks that'd be really helpful and appreciated. I've done a switch edges test and I can get Frank table down switch 83 to work but the others aren't registering anything.

Tried reseating the cables but that's not helped unfortunately.

Is there anything its connected to on the main board that might not be on correctly to cause it? As I recently took the board out so we could get a transistor replaced to fix a flipper that kept sticking up on power on.

Ace thank you. That's not the board I took out so I don't think it's that. Only one of them had a connector in it - j206 I think, j205 was empty.

Thanks that'd be really helpful and appreciated. I've done a switch edges test and I can get Frank table down switch 83 to work but the others aren't registering anything.

Switch 82 is the one on the right had side inside the mech. Watch fingers!!

The outer one further to the right is linked to the table switch 83 and 81 is the one at the bottom 81 is on if the table is down - 82 and 83 are on if the table is up. Check the cabling between them as I think they share it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So switch 82 and 83 are both open, nothing touching them down. The other two - I guess 81 and 84? - are closed and being pressed down currently by the mechanism but they don't show as being anything in the Switch edges test.

Notting seems to happen during either the up/down bank or Frank table tests.

Photos attached of what shows

IMG_20180429_154453.jpg

IMG_20180429_154447.jpg

It says the test status is running but nothing happens, then it will change to the status has stopped on the Frank table test as it can't position the up/down bank. Likewise during the up/down bank test it says its running and shows "bank motor is running" followed by "bank down switch is broken"

Sounds like we need to replace the switch then? Would someone be able to let me know which type it is exactly please? Will get some ordered and give that a go! :)

Sounds like we need to replace the switch then? Would someone be able to let me know which type it is exactly please? Will get some ordered and give that a go! :)

Is the test running when it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds like a wire off somewhere. Check other switches in the row or column under the playfield before swapping any switches.

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been away a bit recently. I'll have another check of the wires but they did look okay the other night.

Could someone please let me know what the Switch is exactly in case I need to order more? I had a look for them but the one I found looked slightly different. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom