What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitting LEDs to a Stern

JAG555

Site Supporter
Hello,

After some help regarding fitting LEDs inserts to my BBH.

I have been doing some reading and wondered if I needed to fit an LED OCD board? Or will I be OK to simply fit the bulbs?

Has anyone got any experience with a BBH or a similar Stern?

Cheers!

Any thoughts or help appreciated!

I just looked at the installation for the LED OCD board and it’s not exactly plug and play, so if I can get away without one that would be great!

LED OCD isn’t a tricky install, really! It’s unplug and replug, then play :)

You can fettle it to your hearts content, but will work nicely out the box.

All my games use them, and I’m stupid.

I’ve posted about this many times elsewhere on here, but I use standard Comet 2SMD frosted Sunlight LEDs.

Only use the LEDOCD if you hate blinky bright inserts and potential ghosting. If you’re not sensitive to it, and many aren’t, then get the non-ghosting versions of the LEDs I mention above and sod the LED OCD off.

Last edited:
When I had a BBH I put comet non-ghosting leds in all the inserts, was quite content with that.

LED OCD isn’t a tricky install, really! It’s unplug and replug, then play :)

You can fettle it to your hearts content, but will work nicely out the box.

All my games use them, and I’m stupid.

I’ve posted about this many times elsewhere on here, but I use standard Comet 2SMD frosted Sunlight LEDs.

Only use the LEDOCD if you hate blinky bright inserts and potential ghosting. If you’re not sensitive to it, and many aren’t, then get the non-ghosting versions of the LEDs I mention above and sod the LED OCD off.

Thanks for the explanation, I might try the non-ghosting LEDs then and see how I like it.

Back
Top Bottom