What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fish tales problem

ababapanos

Registered
hello
I just got the fish tales

when the ball hits at some solenoid point the game closes and re-opens after only , or after closed

see the video from 0:30

please help

Very common fault with Williams machines, on my TZ I replaced a few connectors on the cpu any with the thicker wires.
Pinball mania sell them or Marco sell a kit, you will need the tool that pushes the wires in.

TZ is trouble free for a year legs crossed as I type

Hello again , I want to ask if this has a reset issue , should do it every time; because I opened it today, and I played 3 games without doing reset...

No resets are sporadic. They tend to occur when large solenoids are fired, often the flippers

If you machine gun both flippers at once you may he able to cause it

If one solenoid in particular seems to trigger it, that coil might be damaged and have melted a bit

The mpu board needs a very stable voltage to work. A voltage drop of about 0.03 volts might be enough to shut the game down.

This 5v line is compromised by a variety of things - dirty connectors are the main cause. The connectors and pins might look ok, but it does not take much dirt or corrosion to lose 0.03 v or so

Start with the connector between the solenoid board and the mpu.

Beyond that, you need to be methodical per @Sgt GrizZ

Back
Top Bottom