What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fish Tales. I Love This Thing

DRD

Registered
I have just taken down the "post pinshed move" high score.

Anyone who truly knows this game will recognise how ripe this game was for a big score ....

20180406_125920.jpg

Two balls locked
Three jackpots bagged, so ready for the Supers
Captive ball, already at video mode so primed with rock the boat, extra ball and instant multi-ball
Three of the four fish stringer ....

The Super jackpot shot is the captive ball, and with a three ball multi-ball with ball save This captive ball then got rock the boat so all three boat shots were 10m. The captive ball then restarted multi-ball with ball save again.

Any way, two minutes later and this was the score....

20180406_130329.jpg

I have done better in the past, and I only got into the Supers once on this game.

But as a good value multi-baller and feature stacker, this game is fabulous.

I owned 2 fishy’s, over a combined period of probably 2 plus years. It’s the hardest game I’ve ever had. I never exceed 400 million and never got super jackpots. How can I have owned so many machines over almost a decade and still be so utterly ****ing **** :tut:

Of all the games I have owned, fish tales requires the most discipline. The only other game I know like it is Flash Gordon. They are both seen as being super hard titles. Easy to hate both of them if you do not understand the rules

• Generally no shots on the fly apart from casters club on the ball launch
  • Fish tales is all about multiballs
  • Let 2 of the multiball drain when you have ball save to give you a clear shot with a single ball at the casters club to light the jackpot
  • Forget the boat and captive ball unless you have ball save
  • Make sure you get video mode
  • Make sure you get a few right loops when they are lit to advance the captive ball
  • Monster fish, the school of fish, the stand-up targets are all a waste of time if you want a score over 500m or so
It is Zen pinball

Last edited:
I owned 2 fishy’s, over a combined period of probably 2 plus years. It’s the hardest game I’ve ever had. I never exceed 400 million and never got super jackpots. How can I have owned so many machines over almost a decade and still be so utterly ****ing **** :tut:

Come over and play mine ladyboy.

I try to tune my games to get as many important backhand shots as I can. Flipper rebuilds, altering flipper angles, setting eos switches, playfield angle, even the thickness of slingshot rubbers and exact position of the star post - all these things make a difference.

On my Addams you can get the ramp from both flippers. Similarly on my fishy you can get the critical casters club (lock shot) from both flippers.

Rebuilding the flippers on my old world poker tour with proper parts from phil absolutely transformed the game. Modern sterns offer amazing backhand shots, better even than wpc games and jjp ones imho

I feel that how the ball is returned from the lock after getting a jackpot changes how hard it is to get to the supers.

Though having the supers ready but being on single ball play is an exciting feeling!

I knew Keith Elwin was the GOAT, but didn't quite realise how good he was, until just now.

This was a final against Bowen.

5 billion after 2 balls? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Late to this party.

It’s getting so much play right now…

I can either play it, or play it and think about what I’m doing. Either is enjoyable.

I LOVE Fish Tales 💓

My first pin and still my favourite.

Of all the games I have owned, fish tales requires the most discipline. The only other game I know like it is Flash Gordon. They are both seen as being super hard titles. Easy to hate both of them if you do not understand the rules

It’s sat on the opposite side of the room to Flash Gordon :cool:

Husband’s current high score is 1.4 billion…

Fishy is the game I can't stop playing. I can play it daily in a week and no other pin gets touched. It's just so brutal and fast it makes me want to get better.... Or try fine tune it!
I got my highest a couple weeks ago, 3 balls only and tournament mode, around 630mil.
For a while I was hitting a wall and rarely got over 100 mil. Absolutely no idea why.
I've watched so many fishy videos from tournaments and they always look much slower than mine plays. Felt like the Pinball gods made mine brutal! (Although almost overnight recently it seemed to slow down slightly)

I've been tweaking the flipper alignment and left ball guide so now sometimes I can live catch on the left flipper from launch or an orbit which seemed impossible before. I think the ball was being delivered to the wrong part of the flipper.

Earlier in the year I tried adjusting the lock kickout to got the flipper but I'm still not happy about it. I think in the earlier referenced Keith Fish tales video he gets his first "UP TO THE TOP FOR JACKPOT" before the second ball has even exited the wireform. No clue how! The ball must hit the flipper in a way that allowed him to do a fast live/drop catch and back into casters or it hit the flipper at a point that allowed him to bat it back on the fly straight into the casters club.

Takes mea while to gain composure when multiball starts before I can get one in unless I let one or two drain (they often come back with ball save then bounce into the Jackpot saucer!)

I recorded few games recently to analyse my errors and some were entertaining!
The earlier mentioned live catch...

And a nice 8 min game with a few fun moments

I LOVE Fish Tales 💓

My first pin and still my favourite.

It’s sat on the opposite side of the room to Flash Gordon :cool:

Husband’s current high score is 1.4 billion…

Lightning flippers or standard?

Lightning flippers or standard?
Standard, currently. I own lightning flippers, but we haven’t fitted them yet because Jon (husband) played the FT at Pinball Republic and felt they made things unfairly difficult*

[*I would fit lightning flippers any day of the week and twice on Sunday… but I’m something of a pinball masochist :) I’m hoping he’ll relent on the lightning flippers at some point now he’s a 1 billion + Grand Champion!]

Lightning flippers on mine, they feel sharper to me than standard and I play better with them strangely, It had standard when I bought it.
My best score is just under 800mil on standard settings.

Ive seen on some video footage the ball drifts sdtm from the casters club, I used to think it was the mylar that runs down that did it until I put a straight edge across the middle of the playfield and saw a big gap in the middle😩

Had mine a long time and took the cab to Manny but no playfields available at the time but CPR has just made a batch, first one they sent was printed wrong so sent another that got damaged which is a really nice one. Luckily it’s a corner that doesn't show (still nasty) but I want some money back before I send the first one they sent back😉

The one that will never leave.
4CC3B2C5-6F4A-4A3A-81C6-87409FF35390.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom