What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fish Tales - DMD and Flippers

CoS72

Registered
Evening everyone ... apologies i am being super lazy and posting here rather than do the research and figure out the issue. The reason is EVERYONE in the family loves the game and it must be available to play 24/7 !!

So today our Fish Tales developed some issues with the DMD - it started to display really dim and i think incorrect sized graphics - You can start a game but the flippers also do not work at all - I think the video shows well what's going on

Anyone seen this before ?

Attachments

• failure symptoms .mp4
    3.3 MB
Check all voltages on the test points on power driver board

Also check voltages at dmd to make sure they are correct

It looks like the dmd is failing! But check volts!!!!

Looks like you have no 12v this feeds the display and the flipper optos check fuse f116 should be 3 amp slow blow and report back

Thanks for the information - Checked F116 and it was open - Replaced the fuse and the DMD and flippers are back up and the games working fine - ran it for an hour or so.

I guess something might be starting to fail to cause the fuse to blow in the first place - unless its just fatigue in the fuse but unlikely i would think.

Ill see what happens !!

Thankyou Chris and Pick for the help

Attachments

• f116 fixed dmd.jpg
    f116 fixed dmd.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom