What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First thing you do when you buy a machine?

Jonwolf

Registered
Me - I polish the key(s) with autosol and buy a fob. It's sort of a superstition with me. I currently have room for six but only have three uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170119_e3301acf3d104f6546b29ca357f5951f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look through the dust and **** in the back.

Once found an irish euro cent and a French gaming license. Considering i collected from newcastle, that thing had done some miles!!

I quickly try to find out what's missing before Martin drives off!

Haha, I learned that the hard way! My first game I didn't know it had a kettle lead plug and forgot it! Luckily had a spare from a computer I could use.

Always the same procedure here - I carefully unseal the pristine packaging, opening slightly to release the aroma of the NIB machine inside, lay flat the untouched by human hand minty documentation, preserve the goody bag to one side for later inspection etc.

.....I dream of the day and it will happen :thumbs:

Haha, I learned that the hard way! My first game I didn't know it had a kettle lead plug and forgot it! Luckily had a spare from a computer I could use.
I think I've had more than my share of bad luck with Martin, twice I've had to drill out coin door locks. Last machine arrived with 1 ball out of 4. I've had the missing power cable too. To be fare to Martin sellers don't always take as much care as they could packaging things up. I usually box or jiffy bag all loose spares, clearly marked which machine they go with and to who/where. same with legs.

Anyway, back on topic, set the machine up, level it, then play the damn thing :thumbs:.

Reactions: ski
It's always order a themed key ring, probably before it's even arrived - even if the machine's only on loan. Makes it easy to see which key is which in a bunch, or when it goes to shows.

@kevlar - you'll have to wait and see what I've got for your TWD.

Then it's usually give it a good clean, and go through all of the settings to see what's what

Change the balls, change the batteries, and reset the machine to factory settings to get rid of all the high scores.

(I once sold a LW3 to my friend Rob, and before I took it over to his house my son took the glass of and spent about an hour totting up a massive score by catching the ball every time it nearly drained - which was stored as the grand champion high score. The monster score is still on there as Rob hasn't ever got close to it, and he still hasn't figured out that it was achieved through foul play.)

Me - I polish the key(s) with autosol and buy a fob. It's sort of a superstition with me. I currently have room for six but only have three uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170119_e3301acf3d104f6546b29ca357f5951f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Those keyrings are ace! Is there a particular site people use for them? One of ours has a themed one already but the others are either plain or without :(

After having a few plays I get in it and clean all the bulbs and the underside of the inserts.
Do it to all my games so if you ever get a game off me you can rest assured that the inserts and bulbs will be clean.

Change the balls, change the batteries, and reset the machine to factory settings to get rid of all the high scores.

(I once sold a LW3 to my friend Rob, and before I took it over to his house my son took the glass of and spent about an hour totting up a massive score by catching the ball every time it nearly drained - which was stored as the grand champion high score. The monster score is still on there as Rob hasn't ever got close to it, and he still hasn't figured out that it was achieved through foul play.)

I'm starting to think that resetting the high scores is a must. Especially if you've increased the game difficulty by lowering the number of balls, extra balls etc. Otherwise it becomes an exercise in frustration.

Drill out the locks then wonder, whilst I'm fitting new ones, whether I'll ever get it working?

This is because I own four knackered Bally solid-state pins, three of which were dead projects.

One day I'll buy a pin that when switched on will "just work". One day...

check every fuse to ensure correct values are fitted, remove all the crap out the bottom, check circuit board screws are tight, check the batteries,check for bodges

Drill out the locks then wonder, whilst I'm fitting new ones, whether I'll ever get it working?

This is because I own four knackered Bally solid-state pins, three of which were dead projects.

One day I'll buy a pin that when switched on will "just work". One day...

I've given up on the drilling, those locks are easy to pick as long as you have a key that will go in but won't turn.

Access the Adjustments menu. Change the settings to "Hard" or even "Extra Hard". Set 4 Replay levels (awarding an Extra Ball each time). Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom