What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firepower Help

Steve C

Registered
Recently set Firepower up and would play 3 or 4 games and then after ball drained it wouldn't kick a ball out of trough to be plunged. So turned if off, left it overnight, turned in on and did exactly same as before, play a few games then no kick out.

Was suggested that it might be trough switches, might still be, so had a look and they all looked closed/touching with balls in trough :rolleyes:, anyway had a slight squeeze/bend to make sure.

Turned it on again, started a game, ball drained but wouldn't kick out next ball.

Now it turns on, everything lights up but won't start a game.

Haven't looked at or checked anything else so any help appreciated :)

No haven't done that Kev as FP has been on holiday and when I picked it up wouldn't start a game then just by pressing the red menu button it got it playing. Split it down and fetched it home and played 3/4 games on set up so thinking was that it was trough related.

However going for a fiddle and wiggle now :)

Of all the older games I've owned or still own the connector wiggle has fixed most of any issues I've ever had lol. I guess I should replace header pins and connectors really :rolleyes:.

Fingers crossed for you.

Put backglass in and pushed machine back in to place, pressed start - nothing!! :eek:

Anyway moved another machine so I could get to the side of it/open backbox without moving it and had another fiddle/wiggle and bingo it is working again :thumbs:

Never going to move it again!! :)

Next installment :eek:

Played 10 games on it this afternoon and then turned it off. Turn it on tonight and pressed start, nothing!! :mad:

Took backglass out, not that backglass has anything to do with making a machine work or has it??

Thought lets press start and see if it works and hey presto it started a game, omg a game that works by backglass :)

Driving me nuts this, must be something loose/backglass pushing against something/pushing door back, no idea but at least I know a temporary fix ;)

You will have to jumper the special switch inputs in the driver board to see if you can start a game.

Thought that I had fixed it yesterday :)

Removing the backglass fix didn't work, which I knew was more good luck than judgement but worked before ;)

As fiddling and wiggling had worked thought that rather than push/wiggle everything then push start I would do it logically i.e. machine off, wiggle/push/fiddle one thing, machine on, push start, until it played a game, then could hopefully narrow it down :thumbs:

I'm sure that anybody that can repair pins would have a better/easier/quicker way but as my electrical/technical skills are nil, then it is slow trial and error or trial and wiggle method :)

Just picked on block connector at random, well happened to be the nearest/closest/one at the bottom of the board, pulled it off/checked wires/checked pins/pushed it back on and machine on push start play game :thumbs::thumbs::clap:, thought problem solved. Turned it on and off all day and played full games, no part games with ball refusing to eject.

Fixed, NO - turned it on this morning, everything lights up, push start, nothing!!

This machine is a real drama Llama :mad:

Ok after more fiddling and wiggling got a few more games but the trial and error of wiggle/fiddle/push button doesn't seem to work as can start by wiggling/pushing different connectors.

Just played a couple of games but then the usual fault, all lit up but no game when start pushed, so thought last time was large block connector on wiring harness, tried it but nothing. Got hold of another connector and was warm/hot :eek:, see pic below.

Whether this is the fault or the fault is causing this I have no idea but think I need some 'expert' advice before I go any further as don't want to set fire to the feckin thing.

Switched off/unplugged now but going to lift playfield and see if anything under there.

The harness/block is only in this position/hanging on bolt for picture as needed something to fix it on to stop it from falling back down into cabinet ;)

firepowerblock.JPG

Is there a ground braid connected to that backbox Steve?

Can you take a pic of the boards in the back?

Those boards need bulletproofing, new inter-connect, new caps etc etc.

Take the screws out of the top of the driver board and move them down one.

Sounds like I need to find somebody who repairs boards as that is way way above my skill level/capabilities :( FP could be going on holiday or getting folded down :eek:

Think I can manage moving the screws ;)

Back
Top Bottom