What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favour needed - Anyone live near Romford/East London?

Spadge

Registered
Hi, I'm looking for someone to view a pin-table for me thats in the Romford area. For some reason the seller can't provide photos and I won't buy unseen for a few grand. I really want to know that (a) it's working (b) it's cabinet is OK (c) it's playfield is OK. If anyone can help let me know. Happy to pay for someone's time to check it out and any petrol/travel. Also to grab pics if anything is worth seeing.

The nearest I'll be (I'm from Wakefield) is Bury St Edmonds for a wedding weekend after next and I'm not sure my wife and daughter will be up for a visit to Romford.

Yeah, I'm really understanding the issue of getting a few photos done by phone or whatever.

Unless it's a game that's rare as rocking-horse-droppings and you're prepared to buy as a project, I'd sack it totally. Even for a machine in storage I would expect someone wanting a sale to have gotten at least a couple of bad camera-phone picture. We're talking thousands of pounds after all.

An idiotic sale by a clown like this will always produce a random outcome.
  • A fair chance that the game is complete crap and you would not be interested anyway
  • A fair chance that it is a scam
  • A fair chance the seller is just bone idle/ old school (printed copy of the exchange & mart type geezer)
  • Slim chance you could get a screaming bargain if they just want rid/ are so loaded the price is irrelevant to them/ they have no idea what day of the week it is
A true time is money scenario

I went to see a Star Trek TNG that was miles away and the guy was IT clueless and couldn't send any pictures, got a machine that was in fantastic shape for an absolute bargain price! So its worth looking!

i buy many machines this way but the price has to be right some people just cant be bothered and dont want the hassel
but one thing i will say is that if he is not a pinball person or an operator the machine may not be set up and if you go down inspecting it and asking a million questions he will **** it and run a mile

i buy many machines this way but the price has to be right some people just cant be bothered and dont want the hassel
but one thing i will say is that if he is not a pinball person or an operator the machine may not be set up and if you go down inspecting it and asking a million questions he will **** it and run a mile

Heh yeah, as you know I'm more a collector-player and I believe he's been in pinball for years. But anyway some photos are promised now, and I've only a few questions mainly about the state of the cab, if it's clean or dirty, bulbs or leds, no errors on start up, if playfield has many marks/divots/wear etc.

Back
Top Bottom