What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook Market place clowns

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
I am finding Facebook Market place should just be called the Facebook tyre kicking page.

Honestly - an idiot today messages me at 8pm tonight.....

I have a few jukeboxes listed....

The questions start:

How much are they (I reply - prices on listing)
Do they come with speakers (I reply - as it says in listings no speakers).
Do they come with Bluetooth (I reply - some do, some do not - I can add it for £30)
Next thing:
I want to buy tomorrow morning (I reply - It is 8.30pm now on saturday night, I have things booked in with family tomorrow - so with respect - I can see you of an evening in the week if that helps).
Next....
Where do I get speakers from on a sunday (I reply - Order on amazon tongiht- you should get them for tomorrow).
It continues.....
So what time do you open tomorrow morning????

My final reply....... a small two worked statement.

**This is before you get the scammers........

There are 4 types of fb market place users

First: 80% send the default message asking if still available then never ever reply. I genuinely believe ppl somehow just hit this button by accident or fb just auto sends it for a laugh!

Second: 15% agree a date and time and will msg up to 1 day before then never hear from them again!!

Third: 4% actually turn up on time but NEVER bring the right cash and alway magically have exactly 20% less in cash when they have previously agreed the price.

Fourth: 1% actually turn up on time and pay agreed price. This 1% of ppl keep my faith in humanity and the other 99% are just twats!!!!

Also how I know the bottom has fallen out the market is on my AIQ advert I’ve not even had one msg from scammers or time wasters or tire kickers lol when it’s that dead on fb market place the market is ****ed! :D

Facebook Marketplace is unbelievable. You'd think people would behave a lot better due to the lack of anonymity....but the exact opposite seems to be the case.

What really winds me up is people messaging late at night, like 1am. My wife seems to think this is perfectly reasonable and it's my fault for not having my phone on silent. So now my phone is ALWAYS on silent.

I've had people asking me to save things for them because they're on holiday and then never hear from them again. I had someone want to collect a free CCTV camera and then message me later saying his bike got a puncture can I deliver it?

All sorts of crazy

Can't do FB but I don't blame you because that's where most heads are.

Probably better creating a flyer highlighting the cost, FAQ, all in big multi coloured fonts to reduce phone calls.

£699 DON'T RING AFTER 6PM

Ive put lots of free stuff on FB inc sofas tables and chairs and other bulky furniture and not only do most ask for free delivery I’ve had second hand furniture company vans turn up.

Never again as we have a huge Sally Bash open on our Retail Park now and I don’t mind delivering it there.

And free delivery! I’ve had ppl ask me to deliver it to them FOR FREE!!!!!!!! on free furniture lol
That one not only boils my pi$$, but continues heating until it vaporises.

READ THE ****ING ADVERT. I’ve taken the time to write it, least you can do is attempt to comprehend the information I’ve distilled within it, which is all for you!

Last week I listed some old A3 printer parts (paper expansion trays), then Alibaba messages asking about the price of ink cartridges (which I only realised after I ran it through Google Translate). KINDLY **** OFF!

Back
Top Bottom