What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Essex Meetup/Competition

MajesticPinball

Site Supporter
Alias
James Reed
If I’m treading on anyones toes please let me know but to my knowledge there arent any meetups in Essex? I was hoping to form a bit more of a local commuity and I’m thinking of hosting a mini competition at my flat in South Woodham Ferrers, Essex within the next few months (probably on a Sunday) games available would be Cirqus Voltaire, Pinball Magic, Junkyard, Jackbot, Stargate and possibly an EM if i can make the space to get one out of storage.

Was just looking to gauge interest and if a decent amount of people are interested we can figure out what kind of competition to run. Other than that I’m always open for people to pop round and have a few flips!

Last edited:
Nice one! Obviously I’m not excluding people from surrounding areas, everyone is welcome! I’ll try and get some dates together and see whats the best for everyone

Sounds fantastic JReedie, I'd deffo be up for that! Be great to meet up with you again and also meet some more local pinheads:thumbs:

As an Essex Native, count me in sounds like a excellent idea! However, I must add I am pretty bad at Pinball..........

Keep me posted!

Cheers!

Quick update, I’m thinking of hosting this on Sunday 2nd of December. If anyone has any ideas on what sort of tournament to run let me know as i have no experience running tourneys. If this date works out good for most i’ll create an event.

Quick update, I’m thinking of hosting this on Sunday 2nd of December. If anyone has any ideas on what sort of tournament to run let me know as i have no experience running tourneys. If this date works out good for most i’ll create an event.

You could sign up to https://matchplay.events/ and create your tournament from there. I'd suggest Swiss style head to head for x number of hours.

That weekend is the Monster Meet @ Flip Out. Why not come along there and tell others about your intended competition? If you bring a flyer we would be happy to put it on the notice board.

Www.flipoutlondon.com

Gutted, but I am busy that day! Rubbish for you guys, as someone else will have to finish bottom now!

Please keep me updated on other dates, as I really wanted to attend!

Cheers!

I'm in South Woodford so would be keen. @Andypc I didn't realise you were so close by either. Have you checked out the Metallica @ the Duke in Walthamstow?

Damn JReedie you literally could not have chosen a worse date ........im out with my Mrs for her birthday and swapping that for a day of pinball will be a hard sell :(
Totally gutted to miss out but if the date changes let me know and I will deffo be there:thumbs:

You're more than welcome to! Hopefully my Jokerz will be ready by then too.

I’m within an hour of you guys too so would potentially be up for going if you have the space. January is pretty clear at the moment apart from one weekend at end of the month to go to Budapest. If you want to turn it into a semi regular meet up you could quite easily convince me to host one in the future if someone runs the tournament. It would be good to meet some people that are semi local

@Jmac you're more than welcome to come mate. If it's a success I'll try to host every 6 months or so. Could probably comfortably fit 15 maybe 20 people so should be plenty of room

How's Sunday 13th of January sound?

I think that also works with me. I’ll check with the boss too when I get home. 9 out of 10 times I don’t get told we have something on until a couple days beforehand ?

Back
Top Bottom