What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Essex meet & friendly comp

MajesticPinball

Site Supporter
Alias
James Reed
As mentioned previously i will be hosting a meet at my flat in South Woodham Ferrers, Chelmsford on January 13th. Youre welcome to arrive from 12pm to relax and practise and the competition will start at 1. (Not sure on the comp style yet will take recommendations on the best style for the event) My flat isnt overly that big so if you do intend to come please let me know on this thread so i know the numbers!

Games available will be:
Jackbot
Junkyard
Jokerz (hopefully should be ready by then)
Cirqus Voltaire
Pinball Magic
Stargate (if theres room or if Jokerz isnt ready)

Ten strike bowler (for a bit of fun)
Megatouch Aurora (for a bit of fun)

Ill provide a few soft drinks and snacks so youre welcome to bting anything else you would like, theres a dominoes by my flat so we can always prder in a pizza. Theres also a large carpark opposite which unbelievably is free for those that drive!

Count me in James, it's a 10 minute drive for me, so no excuse really!?

Thanks for the invite.

Oh, I also have the following going free (nothing too special) which I will offer to James first, as the host, and then anyone else if James doesn't want it (I can bring it with me):
- Standard Stern play field glass, it came from my BBH and is a bit scratched, but still usable.
- Spare pinballs, not bad condition.
- Set of four cabinet protectors in black

Looking forward to it and Merry Christmas

Count me in James, it's a 10 minute drive for me, so no excuse really!?

Thanks for the invite.

Oh, I also have the following going free (nothing too special) which I will offer to James first, as the host, and then anyone else if James doesn't want it (I can bring it with me):
- Standard Stern play field glass, it came from my BBH and is a bit scratched, but still usable.
- Spare pinballs, not bad condition.
- Set of four cabinet protectors in black

Looking forward to it and Merry Christmas
Awesome! Will be good to meet you! Thats very kind of you as well, could i have the protectors if nobody else wants them. I dont mind paying for them!

Awesome! Will be good to meet you! Thats very kind of you as well, could i have the protectors if nobody else wants them. I dont mind paying for them!

No worries, they are yours and I don’t want anything for them.

Looking forward to it!

The playfield glass is still up for grabs, so let me know. Would be good to have someone make use of it.

Less than a week to go! Very excited! Jokerz will be ready in time, theres a few minor things left to do but nothing that affects gameplay (i want to tidy up the cab, coin door and legs) and besides a few LEDs missing its good to go!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

James

Awesome! Depending on how many people we have I was thinking we all play 2 games on each machine with one wild card that can be played to replay a score. Then we work out standings out and do some sort of final? Haven't organised a comp before but want to try and keep it as chill as possible so we can just enjoy an afternoon of flipping!

Have you seen the scorecards that are used at the league meets? It sounds like you could use something similar. That's assuming they still use them, I haven't leagued for quite a while.

@insx no I haven't seen them but was thinking of doing it something along the lines of how leagues usually do it. If you're coming I might have to fire up the PS1 and get Timeshock out haha!

If I hadn't got disillusioned and dismantled it, I could have brought my virtual pin with Timeshock! on it. Add Timeshock! to the comp and I might actually win something.

The league slips had spaces for your scores and then someone (anyone) signed them as a witness.

Looking forward to it! Have been watching some Jokerz and Jackbot tutes, which I'm bound to immediately forget upon starting my first game.
You'll be fine, I've not got much of an idea on Jokerz myself. I've only played one game of it and that was just to test it was working while I was fixing it up. It's still not completely finished now but it's playable and pretty fast! I'm pretty lame at pinball so I don't expect to do too well myself :rofl:

Thanks James for a great friendly little meet, and for the certificate :)
Thanks for coming glad you had a good time! Youre the worthy winner, a great game on Voltaire at the end! You better treasure that certificate! :rofl:

Great to meet you all today and thanks for James for hosting! It’s not often you can play 6 machines that you haven’t seen before!

Where’s my wooden spoon by the way........

Cheers James for a great day and being such a generous and gracious host.

*whispers* you look great in those jeans

?

Great meeting the rest of you fellas too looking forward to the next catch up!

@JAG555 youre welcome mate glad you had a good time, I’m pleased to anounce that you came joint runner up with @rolorolorolo so not too bad! :clap: Thanks for the leg protectors by the way! They will make Junkyard a lot happier!

@stumblor youre welcome mate thanks for coming! Was good to meet you all! Haha damn all those whispered compliments making me tilt jackbot! :rofl:

Just to echo what's been said above....thanks James. You were a top draw host and your machines are amazing.....pity my playing of them was, shall we say, less than amazing!!? Fantastic to meet all the rest of you guys and can't wait to meet up with all of you again soon.

@rolorolorolo Thanks Graham, was great catching up with you! I think its safe to say that Essex’s first comp was small but a success! @insx you absolutely smashed it, good job we didnt have Timeshock! set up you would have wiped the floor with us even more :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom