What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engineer Recommendations please or help if anyone lives close by

Jmac

Site Supporter
Hi all. Can anyone recommend an engineer that serves Bedford. Bought a pinball from the forum it worked fine when I picked up but since I got it home and set up there are a few issues. It may just be loose connections from transit but I don’t have a clue where to start so happy to pay someone to come take a look and resolve issues. Machine is a Sega Star Wars. It powers up but the start button is not always starting a game. When it does balls are not being transferred from the trough to be shot into the game. Both flippers are also not working. Below are two pics of couple error messages I’ve seen

Any help or recommendations are greatly appreciated or if anyone near Bedford has any technical knowledge and want to help out I have beers/tea and a few quid for your time.

Cheers

Jon

Attachments

• 4957CDD8-3564-4F8E-95C2-03441B975413.jpeg
    4957CDD8-3564-4F8E-95C2-03441B975413.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 907E63CE-78F5-4D69-A43B-0C70DE85929F.jpeg
    907E63CE-78F5-4D69-A43B-0C70DE85929F.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 33
It says to load 4 balls and there are 4 balls in it. Spoken to the seller although he has about 8 pins himself his technical knowledge of pins isn’t great either.

On another note Chris b he mentioned to get in contact with you to see if you can source a pin I’m after as he has bought a few through you. I’ll pm you after kids are in bed ?

Sounds like a ground issue, make sure everything is seated correctly easy job.

I’ll have a mess around with it tonight and see what happens. My gut feeling is it’s nothing serious as it was working perfectly when it was loaded and it was laid flat and taken straight indoors and set up.

Frustratingly I can design and install structural steel for skyscrapers bridges etc but this has me stumped and I’m convinced it’s a easy fix

Hey ho

Go through the test menus and test the bottom vertical upkick (VUK) coil to see if it fires then.

How many errors are there? Your photos show #2 and #6, but I don't know if that's coil numbers or number of errors.

Go through the test menus and test the bottom vertical upkick (VUK) coil to see if it fires then.

How many errors are there? Your photos show #2 and #6, but I don't know if that's coil numbers or number of errors.

I went through the test found the bottom very upkick and tried to test it but nothing happened.
With my limited knowledge I think #2 & #6 are the coil numbers

I lifted the playfield and looked in the back box but can’t see any obvious loose connections

Someone has offered details of an engineer not far from me so I’ll probably go that route. It may cost but at least I might learn something

Thanks everyone who replied

Jon

Do any of the coils fire? I don't know Star Wars but many games won't fire coils with the coin door open. You might need to put it in cycle mode and close the door.

Also worth checking fuses too.

I went through the test found the bottom very upkick and tried to test it but nothing happened.
With my limited knowledge I think #2 & #6 are the coil numbers

I lifted the playfield and looked in the back box but can’t see any obvious loose connections

Someone has offered details of an engineer not far from me so I’ll probably go that route. It may cost but at least I might learn something

Thanks everyone who replied

Jon

Re-seat every connector you can see, backbox under playfield etc.

Back
Top Bottom