What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elite Dangerous

stoptap

Registered
Alias
Andy
Anyone else playing this ?
I'm completely addicted to it at the moment.
I'm an intergalactic taxi driver and making some serious money doing it.

I own it but I spent 30mins in VR trying to figure out how to take off using a flight stick. Couldn't manage it and gave up lol. That's longer than I spend on most games. A lot of them still have the celophane on.

I own it but I spent 30mins in VR trying to figure out how to take off using a flight stick. Couldn't manage it and gave up lol. That's longer than I spend on most games. A lot of them still have the celophane on.
You have to take off vertically. Straight up with thrusters before applying any engine power.

I've just got a shît hot fuel scoop so can fully refuel my ship in about 20 seconds flying around a star. Loving it.

You have to take off vertically. Straight up with thrusters before applying any engine power.

I've just got a shît hot fuel scoop so can fully refuel my ship in about 20 seconds flying around a star. Loving it.

It sounds so simple :) I need games to be super intuitive or else I just don't have the time and patience. Same thing happened with No Mans Sky, I didn't even get off the ground. Actually I can't remember if I even got into my ship! Doom on PS4 is probably the only recent game I've properly enjoyed. And BroForce :)

Utterly epic game. Stunning. Beautiful .Vast in scale.

I got lost in space massively with it for a few months when it was released on PC a few years ago.:cool: Was a huge fan of Elite back in the mid 80s.

Exploring was my bag baby .....I got myself a tricked out Asp Explorer and headed off into deep space. Epic late night sessions drifting thru the cosmos fuelled on cheap wine and geek dreams :D

I remember at one point being almost in tears as I found myself out of jump range of any systems ....deep deep in the middle of nowhere ... I had been drinking :rofl: ... took me days to find a route back. Finally made it back to the 'bubble' with epic amounts of data .This was before the more advanced route plotting had been added.

I only stopped playing as it was a massive time sink and I like to think I have a life..........I couldn't justify spending any more time just *looking* at space ...there is a lot of that in the game ..... especially if you are on deep exploration.

I tried to return to it recently but had forgotten all the controls and it was *really* hard work .... again :D

Thread here from way back
http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/elite-dangerous.15911/

I'm tempted to get head back out there now :cool:

Commander GrizZ

Last edited:
Utterly epic game. Stunning. Beautiful .Vast in scale.

I got lost in space massively with it for a few months when it was released on PC a few years ago.:cool: Was a huge fan of Elite back in the mid 80s.

Exploring was my bag baby .....I got myself a tricked out Asp Explorer and headed off into deep space. Epic late night sessions drifting thru the cosmos fuelled on cheap wine and geek dreams :D

I remember at one point being almost in tears as I found myself out of jump range of any systems ....deep deep in the middle of nowhere ... I had been drinking :rofl: ... took me days to find a route back. Finally made it back to the 'bubble' with epic amounts of data .This was before the more advanced route plotting had been added.

I only stopped playing as it was a massive time sink and I like to think I have a life..........I couldn't justify spending any more time just *looking* at space ...there is a lot of that in the game ..... especially if you are on deep exploration.

I tried to return to it recently but had forgotten all the controls and it was *really* hard work .... again :D

Thread here from way back
http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/elite-dangerous.15911/

I'm tempted to get head back out there now :cool:

Commander GrizZ

Oh God ! Is that going to happen to me ?

Not grabbed it yet.

Frontiers 'other' franchise of Planet Coaster is currently keeping me busy. Late to the part as I only just got a PC capable of running it but already 60+ hours invested in sandbox mode; most of which has been spent building an ornate park entrance.

Anyone watching/watched The Expanse on Netflix? Sounds like it'd be your street. I'm halfway through series 2 (of 2). I rarely watch much telly, but this I really like!

Aw cr*p .... I fired this up again last night after ages away from it ...... found myself eyeing up distant nebula to explore, started plotting route to pick up my ASP, park this Viper :rofl: FFS I don't need this back in my life ...I blame @stoptap
It's my plan coming together. Get you hooked back on this, then slowly turn you against Mick on his stick and then pounce when you are weak. :clap:

Anyone watching/watched The Expanse on Netflix? Sounds like it'd be your street. I'm halfway through series 2 (of 2). I rarely watch much telly, but this I really like!
What's it about mate ?
I thought it was about fat people.

Been playing this for far too long today. Trying to get to 50 million credits and then buy a passenger ship.

Been playing this for far too long today. Trying to get to 50 million credits and then buy a passenger ship.

Jesus .............. get out before it's too late...

Oh and a*passenger ship* ?!? Are you really just gonna be a space ferry :eek: Have a word with yourself man........ get a combat ship, hell get a bad ass deep space explorer ....... a ferry , you are gonna buy a ferry :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh and a*passenger ship* ?!? Are you really just gonna be a space ferry :eek: Have a word with yourself man........ get a combat ship, hell get a bad ass deep space explorer ....... a ferry , you are gonna buy a ferry :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I'm saving up so that I can get a frickin' industrial sized star destroyer. Until then I am being a damp eyed, noodle armed pansy.:D

I'm saving up so that I can get a frickin' industrial sized star destroyer. Until then I am being a damp eyed, noodle armed pansy.:D
The endless grind though..... earning credits to buy stuff to earn more credits to buy more stuff.... Aaaagh. Partly why I stopped playing. Too much like real life - I don't need a 2nd job, jesus I do my best not to have a 1st job [emoji3] [emoji6] [emoji3]

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Double post for some reason ?

The endless grind though..... earning credits to buy stuff to earn more credits to buy more stuff.... Aaaagh. Partly why I stopped playing. Too much like real life - I don't need a 2nd job, jesus I do my best not to have a 1st job [emoji3] [emoji6] [emoji3]

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Yeah I get that and no doubt it will become a chore after a while but there is so much in the game I have yet to see. I don't mind the grind if it gives me the funds I will need to do the things I want to do.
I am getting around 3 to 4 million credits a time for these passenger missions so it won't take too long.

Sounds like Mad Max would be the perfect game for you Stoptap. Plenty of grinding and your taxi has actual wheels. Four of them.

Sounds like Mad Max would be the perfect game for you Stoptap. Plenty of grinding and your taxi has actual wheels. Four of them.
Now you mention it I did used to like Crazy Taxi years ago...........

Just noticed that Elite Dangerous has 75% off at the moment on Steam.

Back
Top Bottom