What's new

Electro-mechnical 70s Bally does not reset 100 and 1000 score relays on player 1. HELP.

Cai Remrod

Site Supporter
Any electro-mechanical wizards on here?

As stated in title, player 1 does not reset 100 and 1000 scoring. Just goes round and round. Therefore does not fully reset and start a new game.

Its irritating as I have several clues that I should be able to work it out. But no! So here are the clues:

If I manually set the 100 and 1000 to the same digit, ie 6600(as an example), the game resets and plays a game. But 100 and 1000 score together.

if I disconnect the middle switch on score reel 100, score reel 1000 resets and vice versa.

Reels have been cleaned and adjusted. Looks ok.

Jones plugs have been checked.

All (?) relays in reset circuit have been cleaned and adjusted. But as the game resets under certain conditions, Im not sure there is anything wrong with these?

Its as if they power each other so when one is at zero the other one gives it power to carry on.

I am no expert but have looked for obvious shorts.

Now I turn to you for help, advice, ideas and ways of tracing this fault. Could it be something as simple as a timing issue? Please help before I tear the rest of my hair out.

it it this : when the 100 unit gets to 9 or 0 it closes a switch on itself to advance the 1000 unit. if tgat switch is stuck closed, then it will advance all the time”

it it this : when the 100 unit gets to 9 or 0 it closes a switch on itself to advance the 1000 unit. if tgat switch is stuck closed, then it will advance all the time”
Hi Alan,

thanks for your reply.

i dont think the switch gets stuck. But I will double check tomorrow am.

Deleted as I'd left my contact details in the message🫣

Last edited:
Thank you for your very detailed advice. I think I have done your suggestions but reel 2 and 3 still does not reset.

But I have had an offer on the machine (as is, with problems) that I have decided to accept.

Thank you very much for your effort in helping. Its very much appreciated.

Have a great weekend.

Cai

Hi, Cai.

Ok, thanks for letting me know

Best wishes, Doug

Back
Top Bottom