What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Economics is about as consistent, predictable and dependable as the latest medical advice on eating butter, drinking alcohol, dieting .......

I disagree - it's always 100% consistent when you model it in a vacuum of no other external factors :p - that's the get out and economists are sticking with it.

look up the alternative backglass for this game. Dan will love it!
And further light reading on this subject (including the alternative Twin Win backglass): Pinups and Pinball: The Sexualized Female Image in Pinball Artwork

I remember some convoluted laws and theorems from reading economics at uni, but the most consistent I have ever seen in the real world is Ebays law:

BIN = I(1.5TV)

Where

BIN = Buy It Now Price
TV = True Value
I = Idiocy of seller - one of a very few coefficients that actually has a bench of 1 and works upwards to 5 in the real world.

If there any statistics to be looked at is the idiocy of bidding days before the end of an auction.
Just cant fathom that one.

Hey @AlanJ - how do you repair EM's?

hey! have you bought one @James ? they are pretty easy. no boards no transistors no chips no leds. just coils relays switch contacts and light bulbs. oh and a score motor. there is a good website on ems. i’ll look it up when i get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK is this some kind of record ? I sold a Rolling Stones to a Barry Davison ebay id beobaz......he relisted at nearly double the price under mymagicgarden id.......now he has an ad on ebay offering a professional pinball service with a minimum call out of £100 under yet another id avsouthwest. The history of those three ids has a total of around 30 different ids over the years. That takes some beating doesn`t it.

Thanks all - won't be picking up for a couple of weeks, but good reading in the interim...

OK is this some kind of record ? I sold a Rolling Stones to a Barry Davison ebay id beobaz......he relisted at nearly double the price under mymagicgarden id.......now he has an ad on ebay offering a professional pinball service with a minimum call out of £100 under yet another id avsouthwest. The history of those three ids has a total of around 30 different ids over the years. That takes some beating doesn`t it.
At least he bought it from you first John. I saw an ad a while ago for a pin. It vanished and thought it had sold. The same ad appeared a few weeks later at double the price but different seller. So I contacted the guy about it. After many emails, it turns out the guy didn't own it. He just saw the other ad and when someone bought his auction, he was going to buy the original. He wasn't even going to pick it up. He wanted me to go and get it but just say I was a friend of his.
What a twat!

Anyone fancy a completely destroyed Shaq for (currently) £50 ?

Amazingly it appears to be booting up and playing. Gonna be rough ....but could be a cheap project if someone was really keen/mental.

Be interesting if it goes the distance ... ropey old projects sometimes punch far above their weight once bidding fever kicks in 😁

Guess it depends on how high it goes? I'd be tempted if it was low.

Have asked for some more pics of the playfield (minus the glass dust) and the boards, if they have the keys.

Will report back.

Guess it depends on how high it goes? I'd be tempted if it was low.

Have asked for some more pics of the playfield (minus the glass dust) and the boards, if they have the keys.

Will report back.

From the limited amount you can tell from pics - the playfield looks like could be ok , the metalwork I can see looks rust free.

I suspect you wont get a great deal of info from seller, looks like classic barn find - chances are they will have no idea how to even open it up. They will just want it gone to first person that turns up and waves a bunch of notes . :D

Crikey £350 now. 😳

This'll be a good test to see how crazy the appetite for a c-list project is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom