What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only I had Alienssssssssssssssss . Do they still break down regular
There's a lot of work being done to keep them going, particularly on Pinside. From what I gather its the IO boards that are the main issue, the rest appears to have been tracked down to the various companies that produced it (e.g. Zotac motherboards for the displays, the displays themselves, etc).

Amazing looking pin, I was lucky enough to have a couple of short games on one a couple of years ago. The callouts and atmosphere in particular was amazing. Anyone but Heighway would've made it a seriously succesful machine... I mean who doesn't love Alien?

I rather liked Alien too. I did not get much time on it but it looked to have more potential than the two flipper, fan layout, modern sterns.

Tech wise there is a lot to be impressed about in it. There is loads of shots to make and flow in all the right places. I admit to being slightly biased because I love the Alien franchise (some of it anyway) and Alien and Aliens in particular is basically peak sci-fi in my mind, and this pin has that in spades. As soon as it said "Some of you may have figured out we're not home yet" I was hooked.

And yeah - as above - it's more like a JJP pin in terms of what you get for the money, although sadly prices seem to be on an upward trend and I would fear for what parts of it are unobtanium.

I haven’t had any trouble locating parts and a lot of them through Alibaba dealing with company’s direct, it’s very quick, safe and cheap.
The pinside forums for alien are incredible with the actual people involved with the machine contributing, one guy makes both the led types and the inductive roll over switches and cheaper than from a larger distributor.
I now have a complete new replacement PC with ram and SDD drive with the game preinstalled, spare I/O boards, leds, Switches, mechs, drop mech, xeno Head, lcd screens and playfield Protector.
This machine has so many difficult and satisfying shots, ingenious use of collected weapons, awesome lighting and sound as good as JJP.
I think it’s easily worth 8.5k, it’s a pity there aren’t more of them about now that the majority of problems it had have been resolved, which installing a switching power supply is a must imo.

Couple of oldies with sensible-ish starting prices.

Nice looking Globettotters on eBay.

This is the freshest looking Globetrotters playfield I have seen for a while. It is usually worn through to the wood on this table. The cab has decent colour left in it too ....

And a nice looking Big Guns too ...

Couple of oldies with sensible-ish starting prices.

Nice looking Globettotters on eBay.

This is the freshest looking Globetrotters playfield I have seen for a while. It is usually worn through to the wood on this table. The cab has decent colour left in it too ....

And a nice looking Big Guns too ...

Looks like p/f is fully mylared , which has preserved it nicely. Only the insert by Slam Dunk Show looks rough.
Were all playfields on Harlem mylared like this?

Depends on distributor as Bally never factory fitted as standard. Ones from associated leisure all were but from deith they were an option

Has anyone contacting them regarding condition? The pictures don't tell much.
Frustrating when you can put 12 pics for free on the bay.
Playfield condition? LEDs? Hologram etc etc.
Who will service the machine once sold?
Winning bid will be a tinker now....

£900 buy it Now?
s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
NBally star trek pinball machine fair condition back glass mint no flaking £1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom