What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't me!! So we reckon that 3 and a half is well over the odds for Banzai Run then? Or is it just so rare when they come up and a bit unique with the vertical playfield, that they will just go for what a buyer will pay?

That was about double what it was worth.

That was about double what it was worth.

Was on a FB group where I politely told the lady seller to do some research and got abused by a complete asshat who claimed I wanted the machine for my very own.

It is a strange world we live in hey.

I'm liking the 1933 Genco listing, missing the door, shooter mech, lifter mech but no worries "its a project but not a big one"

That Banzai run was odd. Didn't Chris b have one six months ago that sold for about 4.5k? I'm sure it sold within a few minutes too.

My favourite advert on ebay that has been on for years is the Stargate. Stuff missing, not working and rough and still asking 3.5k for it.

I suppose the beauty of a pinball machine is stuff can be stored under and on it. So it doesn't take up much space haha. So why not have it sitting for a year at 3 times it value ?

I miss the golden years of ebay when it cost you for auctions. You didn't waste cash with silly BIN and ridiculous start prices then

Was on a FB group where I politely told the lady seller to do some research and got abused by a complete asshat who claimed I wanted the machine for my very own.

It is a strange world we live in hey.

What was the facebook group? Is that a pinball one?

Thanks!

Bit confusing this for a Newb:
One post saying that £3.5k is double what a Banzai Run BR is worth and another saying a £4.5k machine sold in minutes? Was the one in the advert in that bad condition?
DId you view it as it was hard to tell from the single poor photo.

Just interested to find out as it'll be Banzai or F14 next for me.... T

Thanks guys!

What was the facebook group? Is that a pinball one?

Thanks!

Bit confusing this for a Newb:
One post saying that £3.5k is double what a Banzai Run BR is worth and another saying a £4.5k machine sold in minutes? Was the one in the advert in that bad condition?
DId you view it as it was hard to tell from the single poor photo.

Just interested to find out as it'll be Banzai or F14 next for me.... T

Thanks guys!

I don’t think that’s accurate. I think it was up for less than that. Maybe chris b can shed some light. I maybe wrong.

I have an average conditiona Banzai Run which I would value around £1800-£2k.

I don’t think that’s accurate. I think it was up for less than that. Maybe chris b can shed some light. I maybe wrong.

I have an average conditiona Banzai Run which I would value around £1800-£2k.

Just out of interest: At that price is that a complete and functioning machine? Just worn? Or is that with non-functional/missing parts?

Thanks,

Ruaraidh

Complete working, some broken plastics, ball swirls etc... probably just above average for a sys 11 of that age.

A Chris B game though could be absolutely darn near mint and in some cases better than from factory. The top top nick games are going to command that price because that’s where the top collectors with the money want to play (hey if we had that none wouldn’t we all) - a super minter is no true gauge of price IMHO.

As others have said - it’s worth half to two thirds of that at most. There’s a pac man on eBay round the corner from me at £3.5k. It’s really worth £600 max in my opinion. Still ya theirs to sell and if they think it’s worth that it’s staying where it is, or someone’s getting done.

Just double checked the Banzai sale post and it was up for £2995 and was a minter. I'm sure it went for less than that though.
So apologies for the over estimate.

There was a bargain Williams IJ on Gumtree. Went up late last night £1,700. Near Norwich. Seems to have been removed

Anyone score it on here ?

Given the logistics, I did not bother to get involved. I imagine the seller was descended upon by a plague of locusts, or snakes ….

Two different IJ's up for sale at the moment then?

Never played IJ, how decent a game do you guys consider it to be?

It is a well rated title. Top 10 on pinside. From the high watermark period of pinball before the cost cutting was reintroduced.

Playfield artwork is a bit lame (the actors' faces just look tacky imho), but otherwise I think it is a decent game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom