What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres a Whirlwind on eBay at the moment. No GI in thebackbox, little playfield GI and the slingshot plastics are on the wrong way.... but its “just had a service!” :-o
BE880A3D-6C7F-4890-9032-68820542F753.png

Whirlwind has consistently been rated as the best System 11 for a long time.

It is a great choice for someone open minded about buying a pre-dmd game, and its game play is head and shoulders above most alpha-numerics.

Shame that the pics are so cr@p and you can't really assess the condition. That will put some folk off.

When a Taxi goes for £1,700, this Whirly might be worth a punt

Whirlwind has consistently been rated as the best System 11 for a long time.

It is a great choice for someone open minded about buying a pre-dmd game, and its game play is head and shoulders above most alpha-numerics.

Shame that the pics are so cr@p and you can't really assess the condition. That will put some folk off.

When a Taxi goes for £1,700, this Whirly might be worth a punt

Wow a taxi just sold for £1700 looks like mine will have to go up then
God knows what my really nice ww is worth

I asked the Sellar about the service:

Bob Marlow from pinballtoys.co.uk.

He cleaned the machine, checked the rubbers, changed some bulbs and lubed some of the moving parts.

Lubed the moving parts.. Nice.

He cleaned the machine, checked the rubbers, changed some bulbs and lubed some of the moving parts.

To be fair, we don't know if he actually used that guy or got a quote for a service or whatever and thought "nah too much".

To be fair, we don't know if he actually used that guy or got a quote for a service or whatever and thought "nah too much".

It was a she who replied and why would she goto the effort of replying with quite a long reply if she hadn't used him?

Sold my twilight zone to a good few years back (Wishing I hadnt now of course.. he ho)
He decided one of the flippers was sticking... so he put a bit of vegetable oil on the plunger...
"You put what ?"
"Vegetable oil"
"Sorry, what do you normally use that for ?"..
"Well cooking... but... oh.. I see what you mean"

:)

It was a she who replied and why would she goto the effort of replying with quite a long reply if she hadn't used him?
*shrug* I guess it's possible or even probable, just figured maybe we ought to be careful about what we say about this Bob Marlow guy.

I’ve somehow never played a Whirwind, always fancied getting one though i love the artwork and seems like a fun ruleset for a system 11. The service is questionable though, gives me a lot of hope for my work when i get into servicing seeing the quality of what some others are doing. Those slingshot plastics are rediculous.

Whirly is a stone cold classic. Play one. If it ain't your thing, it ain't your thing

Lawlor designed Whirly. He did Addams, the best selling game of all time

Whirly had three spinning discs. Addams had three pulsing magnets

Same net result, different means

When i played whirlwind i actually thought the layout was similar to a taf. Now that dave pointed out it is also a pat lawlor game, i am not surprised.

Hi
the reality is i was told by the owners

'upper right flipper works once then not again till next game – both lower flippers OK
drop targets not resetting but do at beginning of new game'

what i found when i turned up was all flippers working, so never touched them
fitted a remote battery holder and replaced an opto on drop target bank
that was the extent of my work

I think those that know me would vouch for my quality of work.

here's a couple of photos i took

Cheers Bob

Attachments

• 2017-11-17 15.38.22.jpg
    2017-11-17 15.38.22.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 2017-11-17 15.40.05.jpg
    2017-11-17 15.40.05.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 86
Hi
the reality is i was told by the owners

'upper right flipper works once then not again till next game – both lower flippers OK
drop targets not resetting but do at beginning of new game'

what i found when i turned up was all flippers working, so never touched them
fitted a remote battery holder and replaced an opto on drop target bank
that was the extent of my work

I think those that know me would vouch for my quality of work.

here's a couple of photos i took

Cheers Bob
What about the lights?

Sent from the comfort of my Sofa

I don't really get that. The biggest chunck of cost tends to be the call out charge (covering the travelling cost). What is being done afterwards is usually worth less than that so you might as well get as much fixed as possible? That's my logic anyway. I tend to wait until several things need fixing and i get andy n to come and have a look and fix them all. Never disappointed.

So this is a case of a stupid seller. Bob knows his way around a pinball machine very well. He's repaired many games at flipout and many games for members.

Neil.

Bob is a top bloke, worked on several of my pins, shrugs his shoulders a lot though :)

I’ve somehow never played a Whirwind, always fancied getting one though i love the artwork and seems like a fun ruleset for a system 11. The service is questionable though, gives me a lot of hope for my work when i get into servicing seeing the quality of what some others are doing. Those slingshot plastics are rediculous.
I might be selling my Whirly + others shortly.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom