What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
My offer of £3250 was automatically declined, wouldn’t risk paying any more with lack of decent pics.

LoL Merciful , Would love to know who it was that told them "....it was working ...." (incredible insight )Ha Ha Ha :D

Same pictures yes but the auction picked up as a scam was cancelled and this one re appeared shortly afterwards. As it is a collection job, i struggle to see how you can get scammed if you remember to turn up with 2 body builders as your friends.

So that’s 3 AFM that has gone through eBay in the last 2 weeks for 4.1k 4.2k and 4.6k. Quietly confident that the one I paid 4.2k for is the nicest of the 3 ?

So that’s 3 AFM that has gone through eBay in the last 2 weeks for 4.1k 4.2k and 4.6k. Quietly confident that the one I paid 4.2k for is the nicest of the 3 ?
the one that went this morning looked really nice and the seller had 100% feedback , so suggestions that it was a scam might be hollow ? Plus the seller offered " cash on collection " terms ...i thought the cabinet decals on the £4.1k one looked in better shape than the £4.2k one , however the seller and description of the £4.2k one looked more trustworthy and comprehensive , still a bit of a gamble buying off ebay , but I am generally surprised at the prices of these AFM's , definitely seemed to have fallen in value recently ...

Last edited:
I agree buying from eBay is a risk and as a rule I won’t spend that sort of money on there. However in this case it was a friend of a forum member who was selling and wanted to go the eBay route. Having got to know Garry recently from another purchase this put my mind at rest it was all legit and as described

Building my collection ? (two spaces left)

the one that went this morning looked really nice and the seller had 100% feedback , so suggestions that it was a scam might be hollow ? i thought the cabinet decals on the £4.1k one looked in better shape than the £4.2k one , however the seller and description of the £4.2k one looked more trustworthy and comprehensive , still a bit of a gamble buying off ebay , but I am generally surprised at the prices of these AFM's , definitely seemed to have fallen in value recently ...
I think prices are softening in general due to market saturation.

That said, AFM prices are all over the place.

HUO remakes big variations. New AFMR LE was about £8500?

Project, original, faded, seem to be £4 - 4.5k.

Original, great condition, unfaded screened cabinet, anywhere from 6 - 7k.

With MBR coming out, expect similar all over the place prices!

And one day TAFR.......

the one that went this morning looked really nice and the seller had 100% feedback , so suggestions that it was a scam might be hollow ? i thought the cabinet decals on the £4.1k one looked in better shape than the £4.2k one , however the seller and description of the £4.2k one looked more trustworthy and comprehensive , still a bit of a gamble buying off ebay , but I am generally surprised at the prices of these AFM's , definitely seemed to have fallen in value recently ...

Suppose the only way we will ever know/find out if the one this morning was or wasn't a scam is if somebody one here bought it or if it is relisted?

tbh 100% feedback doesn't mean not a scam, as scammers aren't going to hack id's with negative feedback.

Also, unless somebody has just set up a pin repair business in the south west, then Pinball Perfection are in the US!!

"Just been completly overhaulled by Pinball Perfection "

I agree buying from eBay is a risk and as a rule I won’t spend that sort of money on there. However in this case it was a friend of a forum member who was selling and wanted to go the eBay route. Having got to know Garry recently from another purchase this put my mind at rest it was all legit and as described

Building my collection ? (two spaces left)

If I didn't already have afm then this is the one that I would have bid on as localish and know Garry ;) :thumbs:

From experience would say that when you have filled the two spaces you have left you will then be looking where you can squeeze another one in :D

If I didn't already have afm then this is the one that I would have bid on as localish and know Garry ;):thumbs:

From experience would say that when you have filled the two spaces you have left you will then be looking where you can squeeze another one in :D

Started off with room for 3. Filled that space so have moved the pool table from games room to summer house to fit in 4 more. My wife will lose the plot when this space is used if they start to spill out of that room. Hey ho that’s a battle for the future ?

I suppose the real question is if they 3 sales are correct. Is 4k the bench mark for AFM nowadays?
If ebay prices are generally higher than forum, but the quality of the Pin is more trusted on the forum than ebay.

I've seen a few MB priced a but differently recently too.
Neil's pin looked mint and was priced fantastically at 6k. But seen one for 7.5k I think a few days ago.

You have got to love seeing a pin you fancied, being sold on the same page that it was originally sold on, for twice the price it was bought for. Plus the kicker is the guy using the same photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom