What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a big fan of FT... but come on £2k start.. £2.8k BIN...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fish-Tal...989982?hash=item41e1e8939e:g:Ww8AAOSw6qpa9x2B

I think I'll get my hat now.

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 16.42.15.png

Looks like someone has £2k plus to spend on fixing her up.

Well it was a good call on the BIN price, only £55 above the sale price. I still think its a lot for a stock FT or it could be a sign of the times.

No doubt will be relisted when the high bidder comes to his/her senses. Nice to see fishy getting it's moment in the sun though, was the underdog for so many years, you would be lucky to fetch £400 on ebay a decade or so ago.

Until today I had never heard of Supreme. Obviously not young or lit (as they say) enough, but from what I can gather they seem to be the ultimate aspirational brand / master trollers. I mean, a company that can sell a literal brick for $140 has to be admired on some level. Not even Apple manages to cultivate that degree of unadulterated partisan insanity.

Watching this with morbid interest, obviously Stern have been paid for these machines so are just laughing all the way to the bank but one wonders how many ultracool Gen Z'ers there are out there that a) have that sort of money and b) care enough about pinball.

Until today I had never heard of Supreme. Obviously not young or lit (as they say) enough, but from what I can gather they seem to be the ultimate aspirational brand / master trollers. I mean, a company that can sell a literal brick for $140 has to be admired on some level. Not even Apple manages to cultivate that degree of unadulterated partisan insanity.

Watching this with morbid interest, obviously Stern have been paid for these machines so are just laughing all the way to the bank but one wonders how many ultracool Gen Z'ers there are out there that a) have that sort of money and b) care enough about pinball.
b) really isn't required. When bricks can be sold for ****ing silly money, the brand itself is doing the selling alone.

True, but in this instance the people buying the machines could end up having an expensive pinball machine that they can't shift when they have no interest in pinball themselves. It's not like they're even a portable asset in practical terms.

At least clothes and the like (bricks, lol) have pretty universal appeal.

True, but in this instance the people buying the machines could end up having an expensive pinball machine that they can't shift when they have no interest in pinball themselves. It's not like they're even a portable asset in practical terms.

At least clothes and the like (bricks, lol) have pretty universal appeal.
Fair point, but pinball however is, as we all know, absolutely ace. I'm not sure many will regret that it's a pinball machine, probably just the sticker price.

It's also just the Spiderman home version re-themed so it's a little dinkier than a normal machine.

Supreme is a rebranded Spider man home version but with a dmd and not a colour lcd.

If anyone is stupid enough to buy one in the uk it probably won’t work as it’s no doubt set to 60hz only.

No artwork. No backglass. No good audio. The game is a winner! ;)

Basically the whitewood of Spiderman, then. I wonder what Steve Ritchie reckons about it?

Could ask him - he is on Facebook.

The spider man home is a really cut down version of Spider Man or Spider Man vault.

By the look of the game play video it hardly looks good.

Better spending that kind of cash on a Big Bang Bar! At least that is a great game.

Looks well used, wear around the flipper buttons, and outlane damage. No credit dot though - an eBay miracle.

Any idea how much it would cost me to buy one in this sort of condition and get the likes of @chris b to fully refurb it?

Alternatively does anyone have any incriminating photos of @Spadge so I can steal his? TIA :)

Hey mines just modded up to a good standard, it’s not a super mint one (my last was). Plenty about, you can even buy one.

If the cab is good and the playfield and boards are good then price is in the ballpark, see that post on modding for prices :)

Looks well used, wear around the flipper buttons, and outlane damage. No credit dot though - an eBay miracle.

Any idea how much it would cost me to buy one in this sort of condition and get the likes of @chris b to fully refurb it?

Alternatively does anyone have any incriminating photos of @Spadge so I can steal his? TIA :)

Looks alright - most TAFs are well used ...for good reason :) For an eBay TAF that's 4K+ all day long - seen way worse

Looks alright - most TAFs are well used ...for good reason :) For an eBay TAF that's 4K+ all day long - seen way worse
Fair dos. Think I'd want it to get tidied up if I bought it. Have more than £4k to spend, hence pondering refurb prices.

What on earth is supreme anyway? The logo looks like a brand of toothpaste or something.
Same here, I literally cannot get my head around it. It seems like some social/marketing experiment - "How far will people go, and how much will they pay to be seen as 'in', no matter how ridiculous or naff the product looks"

There was a post on Sterns facebook page about the Supreme machine with a few more pictures. Seems like nothing more than a cash grab. I suppose they will make nice toys for the uber-rich “stars” of Instagram to flaunt around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom