What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree totally about selling here (especially the fees bit, which is why people are using other auction sites more and more) but surely better to list here and then eBay if it doesn’t sell? Listing on both means cutting auctions short, and a simple look at your selling history will see if it’s done often.....thus putting people of buying from you! Just my opinion, I’m no eBay pro seller!

Nuts because without the eBay fees at £6.2k people would snap their arm off Id say

Nowadays you might as well assume anyone listing something expensive on eBay is using one of those £1/£3 Final Value Fees Fee deals. They seem to run pretty much every week now.

I asked the seller he said the buyer last time flaked out. So I guess that explains why he's trying to avoid a bidding process this time but still doesn't explain the 3.1k bin.

I asked the seller he said the buyer last time flaked out. So I guess that explains why he's trying to avoid a bidding process this time but still doesn't explain the 3.1k bin.
Or the 1.7k opening bid. As soon as someone bids the Buy It Now option disappears.

I won this Taxi the first time round as the seller lived quite close to me. I wanted to go and look at the machine to confirm it was real and also check the condition as it was described as being in 'excellent condition', the photos were inconclusive. The seller got bolshy very quickly, agreed to let me come then said he wasn't available and wouldn't send an address, he then said I won the auction so was obliged to pay. I contacted Ebay as it started to sound fishy, they confirmed I had the right to view the machine before paying and if this wasn't possible then I should cancel.

I would say the guy is legit, but noticeably he has changed the description to 'very good'. There are clearly some lights out which is no big deal, but also some wear around the bumpers. Playfield condition will determine the real price but looking at the condition I would say Marilyn or not it's < 2k.

Id say you had a lucky escape, the moment a seller of anything comes top with a reason that the deal is not longer straightforward the alarm bells go off for me, thats with anything not just pinball. Don't forget these machines are getting on and could have been stored in a damp barn or left in a derelict cafe for years even the the photos on a nice office.They can have wy worse problems than playfield wear buy afew new ramps coils and a board or two and that rough taco you got for 1500 quid is now a 2k plus taxi thats still rough. its fair enough taking a punt and i salute anyone for having a go but when a seller wont let you view the machine you bought there's very much a problem.

"This 1988 rareWilliams Taxi Marilyn Monroe edition, one of only 200 made is in very good condition, very little used and owned by a private seller. All lights and displays are all in working order.
In fact it is ready to plug in and play"

As @thewool says there is "some wear" around the pop bumpers, would say a lot of wear, also damaged plastics and very dirty pf.

If owned by a private seller then why has it got a wacking great big security bar on it and the statement "very little used" problem means it has been stuck in a garage or shed for x years!!

Local to me as well and did have it on watch but bidding went way over what I personally thought it was worth :(

Id say you had a lucky escape, the moment a seller of anything comes top with a reason that the deal is not longer straightforward the alarm bells go off for me, thats with anything not just pinball. Don't forget these machines are getting on and could have been stored in a damp barn or left in a derelict cafe for years even the the photos on a nice office.They can have wy worse problems than playfield wear buy afew new ramps coils and a board or two and that rough taco you got for 1500 quid is now a 2k plus taxi thats still rough. its fair enough taking a punt and i salute anyone for having a go but when a seller wont let you view the machine you bought there's very much a problem.
Yeah. There's no reason to make viewing it difficult unless there is an expectation that the buyer might find something you were hoping to keep hidden by doing the deal remotely.

Nope . The ebay one was very average but taxis are well played . 1500 seems fair as very highly rated system 11. One of my favorite games

Ebay Sniper hit the BOP.
I think they got a good one there.
Limited addition diamond plate playfield.

Mate of mine says his family have a non Marilyn one that he used to play when he was growing up.

His dad has it in storage and I have said (a few times:)) that would be interested if price was right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom