Ebay Auctions 2018

DRD

Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2014
Newark
I had given up on eBay. 6m ago stuff was going for daft prices imho. Good stuff, projects. The lot.

But now, games and projects seem to be auctioned at sensible money.

Chris

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
was tempted to bid on it but pics not great and tbh private listing bidders id protected - decided not to ;)
It didn’t actually sell to anyone as I saw a post on Facebook somewhere saying it was still for sale at £2995 so looks like dodgy bidding on eBay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Twas me! Thanks @Tony. So fellas whatcha think. 2k is probably slightly over what they have been going for (1.8 or so) but not ridiculous. Does anyone know the seller?
Think it might be the same guys as arcade warehouse. Think I would want to go view it and collect in person if it was me to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James

Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2017
Norwich
If you want it @stumblor - is it worth it to you?

I wouldn't personally pay £2k for it - but if they have been selling for £1.8k - then why not?

Cash in hand, he may well go to £1600 - not sure what ebay fees are....

Cheers,
James

Twas me! Thanks @Tony. So fellas whatcha think. 2k is probably slightly over what they have been going for (1.8 or so) but not ridiculous. Does anyone know the seller?
They do historically have a bit of a bad rep - so buying unseen could be a risk ? could be fine ?

It doesn't look in too bad shape - from the limited photos.

stumblor

Sep 16, 2018
London, UK
Harrowgate is about a 12 hr round trip from London. 😬 Plus timing isn't optimal from a cash pov. It could be done I guess the question is whether I should just bide my time and wait for one where the circumstances are easier.

James

Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2017
Norwich
I know it is a long drive, but even after getting pictures, as others have said be wary of the seller, go yourself over using Martin - if this is your dream pin and you have to scratch that itch - don't just get it because it is "that one" make sure it is "the one" at that price.

I've asked for some more photos as it's pretty difficult to work out whether that pf has any issues
The inserts look pretty good. It has a full playfield mylar by the looks of it which has prob done its job protecting them. Hard to tell if any are raised of course.

The plastic above the drops looks intact - often smashed. Right sling plastic chipped.

Cmor111

Apr 30, 2015
Stirling
Harrowgate is about a 12 hr round trip from London. 😬 Plus timing isn't optimal from a cash pov. It could be done I guess the question is whether I should just bide my time and wait for one where the circumstances are easier.
If you don't want to do the drive you could ask if anyone here is near and willing to take a look on your behalf, I've seen others asking before. In the end it's your money and your choice but it may help to get some eyes on it before jumping in if someone can help.

AlanJ

Dec 27, 2017
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Harrowgate is about a 12 hr round trip from London. Plus timing isn't optimal from a cash pov. It could be done I guess the question is whether I should just bide my time and wait for one where the circumstances are easier.
it is the guys from arcade warehouse. the pin is likely to be in pontefract / wakefield rather than harrogate. a shorter round trip from the south. they do seem to price all their pins for sale at the high end but you can get them down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stumblor

Sep 16, 2018
London, UK
Thanks fellas good to know - and yeah looks to be only 3 hours door to door. Will call them up Monday and see how much charm I can muster. And then convince them to hold it until I get back from Oz. Then work out what to tell the wife!

JReedie

Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
Essex
Thanks fellas good to know - and yeah looks to be only 3 hours door to door. Will call them up Monday and see how much charm I can muster. And then convince them to hold it until I get back from Oz. Then work out what to tell the wife!
Its always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission... I’d say dont tell her, then just apologise if she kicks off once its arrived