What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Truck Stop is a Bally - Williams hybrid as it was made around the time of the merger.

Might be idiosyncratic when it comes to parts. The seller is a pinball Trader who knows what he is doing.

I am guessing here, but it might be more of a game for a real geek as opposed to a real noob.

Joke of the year, a Riverboat Gambler for the bargain price of £5,350
39DD11B2-3433-439C-83D6-0FC3B52E2D8E.png

Reactions: DRD
I think that Truck Stop is a Bally - Williams hybrid as it was made around the time of the merger.

Might be idiosyncratic when it comes to parts. The seller is a pinball Trader who knows what he is doing.

I am guessing here, but it might be more of a game for a real geek as opposed to a real noob.

Yes, it was the first game after the merger. I think it had been under development at Bally, with the name Ramp Warrior

AIUI, the Bally 6803 Cpu board is used, with a Williams audio board. It's a similar situation with the playfield, the lower flippers of the one I saw were Williams units, while the upper ones were Bally 'linear' ones

Been on eBay for eons .. previously at £14k. As I understand it it was originally purchased from @jonathan on here for £5200. Is a genuine Gold as far as I'm aware.

Seller doesn't seem motivated to sell based on the fact that it's been up for months. I added it to my watch list back in January. It has ping ponged in price from £10k, £12.5k to £14k (work that one out - it's not selling so raise the price?) and back down to £12,950.

Not entirely sure if the seller grasps the concept of "if you've got 100+ people watching and no one has bought it, it's probably overpriced".

It does give me a chuckle when eBay periodically emails me to remind me that it exists and to let me know that the seller is willing to accept offers....

Been on eBay for eons .. previously at £14k. As I understand it it was originally purchased from @jonathan on here for £5200. Is a genuine Gold as far as I'm aware.

Seller doesn't seem motivated to sell based on the fact that it's been up for months. I added it to my watch list back in January. It has ping ponged in price from £10k, £12.5k to £14k (work that one out - it's not selling so raise the price?) and back down to £12,950.

Not entirely sure if the seller grasps the concept of "if you've got 100+ people watching and no one has bought it, it's probably overpriced".

It does give me a chuckle when eBay periodically emails me to remind me that it exists and to let me know that the seller is willing to accept offers....
To think when this game first came on ebay it sold for under 3k! Those were the days you could get good deals:)

Last week a colleague found out I was into Pinball and he told me that his brother had "a very rare Pinball machine that had been evaluated at around 15k"

Immediately I thought it was a big bang bar or something exotic.... Turns out it was an Addams family, he showed me a picture and it was an absolute junker. All I could do was laugh

Reactions: JMP
Last week a colleague found out I was into Pinball and he told me that his brother had "a very rare Pinball machine that had been evaluated at around 15k"

Immediately I thought it was a big bang bar or something exotic.... Turns out it was an Addams family, he showed me a picture and it was an absolute junker. All I could do was laugh

Just another example that public perception is actually working against being able to find a bargain in the wild. More likely to get a good deal from someone who knows what they are selling.

@stumblor I don't think retailers help. Places such as HLD that sell a mediocre game that would usually sell for 2k they bump to 5k and then everyone who isn't really in the hobby thinks thats the value and then say "I've done my research I know it's worth 5k"

I've never really felt the love, but a local pub has one so I'm going to go and lay down some pounds in the hope that we can find some common interests.

I was one of them: never really understood the attraction about taf. Then i bought one. And my eyes opened. It is a very good game. It is challenging. I like it now.

I never quite got the hype about it until recently I played one and absolutely fell in love with it
Back in the early 90s I could take it or leave it tbh - I was much more taken with TZ and other titles of the time.

However I bought one about 7 years ago as the price was too good not to, and fell in love with it! I sometimes consider selling it, then have a game, slap myself in the face for even thinking about it and open a beer [emoji16]

Non pinhead guests always seem to enjoy it too.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

It's a simple game but just has so much charm. The theme and theme integration are perfect. Plus SHOWTIME
Yeah that Multiball sequence is up there with the best. I love the buildup, it feels like such a reward.

TAF is what got me into pinball ownership (even though I don't yet have one). Played them in my youth, forgot about them for many years, went to EGX in 2017 and realised I'd ignored everything modern at the show and had been playing it intently for at least an hour or more. Instant hooked.

Just wish I hadn't procrastinated on the several that have appeared since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom