What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be all over a CGC Addams Family. It's a simple game by today's standards but it just keeps you coming back. Plus, SHOWTIME...
I would too.

Unless I hear something more concrete than "watch this space" then I'll remain unconvinced, sorry... Are we taking bets?

If Scientific Games (Bally/Williams IP owners) doesn't have some kind of perpetual likeness ownership then CGC or whoever would have to jump through all the same hoops that FarSight did. Having said that, they managed to get Raul (estate) and Anjelica's signoff on it and FarSight said that the issue with Christopher Lloyd and the Pugsley guy was money rather than a flat no.

A remade TAF would sell hand over fist though, so it's possible.

The pinball projects currently on eBay LW3, SJ and BK are mine, I have offered them previously on here to various people wanting projects without success so with the fixed fees and finally coming to the sense that I actually need room to set one up and play and enjoy pinball i’ve Decided to start the kull, hopefully the adverts say as
much as I know about them, but if anyone on here needs any more info i’d Be willing to answer questions but please note I bought them as projects and there being sold as projects I haven’t gone through them so don’t know exactly what’s up with them, but I do feel they are worth repairing?
Tony

Just thought i’d Post a quick update, all pins collected BK original buyer turned out to be a complete * now with a no hassle owner paid straight away and had it collected next day!
LW3 & SJ were paid within a week by bank transfer but in all took 3 weeks to be collected! This is the new bit they were bought by a polish guy and collected by a different polish guy? In my naivety I thought that they would stay over here? There buying them back folks, the games a changing lot more players now

Had 4 games go to Poland this year. Waterworld only just stayed in UK as playfield wear put several French collectors off. 90% of arcade boards we sell go abroad , a lot of the high level stuff back to Japan

It's no wonder stuff is making it's way back to Japan.
When I was buying a lot of high end shooters, I could often get them cheaper here than Japan. Unless the people I was buying from were located out of any major town, the stock was drying up and the prices were going up. Plus the amount of Hoarders of pcbs in Japan were shocking.

Had 4 games go to Poland this year. Waterworld only just stayed in UK as playfield wear put several French collectors off. 90% of arcade boards we sell go abroad , a lot of the high level stuff back to Japan
Where's the thumbs down, dislike button.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/263823607298
A Starship troopers on ebay that even the seller can't believe how nice it is ?
Screenshot_20180718-221701.png

If SST is a £2k pin, I have no idea why NF isn't selling at £1400!
There's another at £1k that has been listed a few times as an auction, but no bids.
Strange as it seems all I saw for ages was wanted posts for first pins at 1.5k

There's another at £1k that has been listed a few times as an auction, but no bids.
Strange as it seems all I saw for ages was wanted posts for first pins at 1.5k

Agree @Horsey - I think it is a £1400 game all day long with the work I have put in, I understand there is one at £1100, and doesn't look too bad, but I know for sure mine is re-rubbered, fully switch tested and 100% working, good boards etc.

I can luckily afford to hold at the moment, and pursue a TWD, even if I have to tombstone this one as I really only have space for two....

So, market lull or change of pace in the market for a considerable time?

I don't think you could buy a better first pin at 1400quid than No fear. Plenty to do, dmd, not too deep and a decent theme.

I agree it may be due to holiday season.

Tried offering something more reasonable for the SST, seller came back with a counter offer of £2100 ?

DRD would you say that Phantom is well priced with a potentially broken display?

Phantom has great art and great sound for a DE game. I have not played one in 28 years ! But from memory the gameplay was pretty basic.

They do not come up for sale very often.

I have no idea what they are worth. If that game is complete, a grand maybe ?

No idea whether you can replace displays on those puppies.

Same display as later system 11. Like all early data east it's more style over depth but they pushed the boat out with the art and sounds on phantom. Presume it needs a new display and it's not worn to death around £900 would be fair . Best Match sequence of any game IMHO

My phantom is set down due to lack of space and is available for long term loan. Could bring to pinfest to be loaned out after the show to cut down on transport costs .

Can’t see Raul’s estate allowing that - they are notoriously protective...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There are ways around that issue although I don’t think it’s a show stopper - I can see them being concerned about new Stuff but something that’s already out there... plus there is the question of what they agreed to with WMS with regards to usage.

The other of course is to leverage this maybe...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Addams_Family_(2019_film)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ah. Done a bit of digging on that tz and found two previous sales. One at 4650 and one at 3500. And then negative feedback on the 4650 sale saying the buyer paid the money but the seller returned it. I presume he thinks it is worth more than that. Good luck to him.

Can’t see Raul’s estate allowing that - they are notoriously protective...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There are ways around that issue although I don’t think it’s a show stopper - I can see them being concerned about new Stuff but something that’s already out there... plus there is the question of what they agreed to with WMS with regards to usage.

The other of course is to leverage this maybe...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Addams_Family_(2019_film)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom