What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrid
Have a look at a nice one
Probably restored
405546FB-5A78-4B51-802B-A07244942F1F.jpeg

That's got a Playfield Protector on it. Extremely apparent on the closeup shot of the right outlanes. Their claims of 'Mylar protection' are therefore extremely curious.

Looking at the pop bumpers shot, it looks like they've attached a replacement decal for the center area to the playfield protector, or something? No idea why they did that. It looks horrendous in any case - wrong elevation, no color match, not even aligned properly... the hell's going on there?

Have they got a replacement decal mylar... then threw the playfield protector on top of all that?!

Mental!

Looks like one of the fullsize playfield protectors has been applied, looking at the other shots. Explains the reflections.

Looks like one of the fullsize playfield protectors has been applied, looking at the other shots. Explains the reflections.
Definitely agreed but it doesn't explain that mad decal in the middle or how it appears to be attached to the playfield protector - or a mylar - not on the playfield. I'm only a one-time customer but I'm sure that the playfield protectors have never featured art.

Yea good point, but genuinely, not a favourite of mine... Or one I even really like.

Everything's subjective. I can't understand the dislike myself, but each to their own. Having owned a GB, I wanted to like it, but hated it with a passion.

Anyone know the rough cost to have a TAF play field restored?
Several hundreds in labour from the right person, or several weeks/months of hard graft and your own time if you don't.

Basically, you do it to games you want to keep for yourself, or for high value games that you can get for a song. That six-grand disaster before is deffo not one of them!

I'd say you're looking at 200-300 depending on the damage and repairs needed, clearcoat etc. New playfield 900 or so.
Pretty much that, bang on for every playfield out there unless there's something unique about it, which isn't often (Vitrigraph playfields etc.)

Thanks. Will look to get mine done at some point. It's not in bad condition but could do with a 'shine up'

Taf is a funny game.
I didn't particularly like it before i got one. But now i have one, it is always the game that is turned on first when i play. It has a way of being frustrating that makes you keep on coming back for more all the time.
Or maybe it is just because i am just rubbish.

Folk are folk. There is nowt as queer as folk.

TAF was a game changer. It needs to be viewed in the context of when It was released. Alongside TAF you had system 11S, data East stuff, Gottlieb stuff. Between 1990 and 1993 my university bar had games like earthshaker, Robocop, rollergames, whirlwind and TAF. Back then, elsewhere I played hurricane, bad cats, checkpoint, swords of fury, fishy, t2, transporter, Simpsons, phantom of the opera

taf was head and shoulders above anything at that time. To this day, if still has the best overall modes/ artwork/ sounds/ theme/ callouts of any game ever produced imho. It still brings in more dough on site than many brand new titles. It is also extremely reliable

It is the first game I ever took the high score on in the wild. It is the first game I bought 20 odd years ago. And plenty of other c**ts like it too which is why it was remade and remains the biggest seller of all time

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t see Raul’s estate allowing that - they are notoriously protective...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If The Pinball Arcade was anything to go by, the only one they couldn't get was Christopher Lloyd, they got the licensing for everybody else - including Raul Julia. They got over not getting Lloyd by redrawing Fester on the playfield.

JMYsXve.jpg

I'd be all over a CGC Addams Family. It's a simple game by today's standards but it just keeps you coming back. Plus, SHOWTIME...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom