What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, thought it would go in seconds.

Looked alright too. Normally their pins are pretty rough

Jesus wept ....so 5K TAFs sell in seconds now !?! :eek: Crazy times ....

giphy (1).gif

Fabulous looking machine, but is that the going rate?

you'd have to be on crack cocaine to buy that even at the NIB price. The original is 100000 of times better with the great call outs.

Neil

Completely insane!

Looked a pretty average example as well.

Wonder what effect TAFR will have on the market?

And yes, TAFR is bound to happen.....
Would be a bit of a minefield getting that remade with the licence and that. Especially if the wanted Gomez and festers likeness.

Would be a bit of a minefield getting that remade with the licence and that. Especially if the wanted Gomez and festers likeness.
I think that's what might kill a TAFR. Didn't FarSight have issues getting Christopher Lloyd's likeness to the point where he refused to do it and they had to make it "inspired by" ? Then you've got Raul Julia's estate too...

PS. I'm still after a decent TAF. :)

I think that's what might kill a TAFR. Didn't FarSight have issues getting Christopher Lloyd's likeness to the point where he refused to do it and they had to make it "inspired by" ? Then you've got Raul Julia's estate too...

PS. I'm still after a decent TAF. :)
You could always buy a new Munsters instead - I know it doesn't have the nostagia but hey, it will be a brand new game, and not much more than an average TAF.
It's 100% in the works - probably set for TPF 19.

Not eBay but an ad on a French site sells mb, ss and tom for 13keuros.
Not particularly cheap but not so easy to get hold of either.

He says at the bottom of the listing, amongst others he will offering an Alien, now that will be interesting to see what he values that at due to the Heighway situation.
He has a couple. I've played on one, apart from a finicky ball launch it played fine. Didn't explore many modes though (which is a nice way of saying I sucked at it).

I don't imagine he'll be listing it cheaply, he deals in the high end stuff and the prices are commensurate.

He has a couple. I've played on one, apart from a finicky ball launch it played fine. Didn't explore many modes though (which is a nice way of saying I sucked at it).

I don't imagine he'll be listing it cheaply, he deals in the high end stuff and the prices are commensurate.
Yes, i did put an offer on TWD LE which i thought was realistic and it was rejected. Nice collection though.

Apart from fishy , my logic originally on these extreme projects was to take them to the eletric circus with the other 60 odd games and part them out . Then sell the playfields etc and save any useful hardware . Maybe use cab sides as wall art etc. However due to all the question already including several European s asking if they can bid and send a driver on Monday it seems folks out there do have boards spare and the ability and time to ressurrect extreme stuff. I suppose is you want a dungeons and dragons they are not particularly common . They start at 99p and need prompt collection so im not expecting steller prices but seems to way to go even with gamea like the creature is to keep them as complete machines.

Good luck with it @steve brum - I think it might be too much for me, but as you say, clearly someone out there is willing to go for it!

Just a heads up to anyone else who might have been interested - this has turned out to be a scam.

I managed to get hold of the previous (actually current) owner of #0026, as shown in one of the photos linked above. He sent me a photo, taken moments earlier, of the #0026 plaque. The other photos on the auction were found using a Google image search - one of them is a cropped version of this, posted to Pinside in 2012.

The search continues....

(EDIT: To be absolutely clear - this scam was nothing to do with @domlouis who was kind enough to alert me to a potential TAF for sale)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom