What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why's that?

Because the market is completely flooded with cheap units from China that have a tendency to catch fire. I have a 2000W US smart oven toaster oven that's been sat in its box for 3yrs. Looked into getting a step down transformer but it's just not worth the risk or the worry. They can get hot enough to start a fire even when the appliance isn't in use.

First I've heard of that, I have two which have been OK but maybe not China manufactured. Anyway, very unlikely to invalidate your home insurance....... a fire is a fire.

If it meets British Safety Standards then you have no worries regarding home insurance. But mostly these are coming directly from China via eBay and Amazon with no BS compliance. If they cause a fire (and the fire service are very good at determining the cause of fires) then your home insurance is very unlikely to want to pay out.

That who dunnit has
Gone after cancelling all the bids lol ebay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it meets British Safety Standards then you have no worries regarding home insurance. But mostly these are coming directly from China via eBay and Amazon with no BS compliance. If they cause a fire (and the fire service are very good at determining the cause of fires) then your home insurance is very unlikely to want to pay out.

You sure? In nearly 30 years of working in insurance I've never come across a home insurance policy wording exclusion for ownership and/or use of goods from the Far East, non BS or CE marked etc. To do so would be impractical tbh, just too many goods out there in every UK home and any insurance company doing so would be writing themselves out of the market.

You got this in your insurance wording? Would be interested in knowing if you have. Cheers.

World Soccer Challenge is a truly dreadful game in my opinion. I am sure some folk will disagree, but it is one of the worst dmd games that I have ever played. Basic playfield. Basic art. If you after a footy based pin, go for the wpc game wcs instead

It also has a ridiculous scoring system meaning that you can reduce the game to a single shot in a tournament scenario. I saw cayle george playing this and he just did the same shot dozens and dozens and dozens of times. Despite his profound skill, watching it was like watching paint dry

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lord-of-the-Rings-Stern-Pinball-Machine-2003-/391763078862?

Not sure if this is legit, as the seller has somehow used my personal photos that I took when i sold my first LOTR in 2013 (the game did end up going over to Ireland though)

If it's the same machine, it certainly has had more than one previous owner! :suspect:

Anyone viewing this, check to see if it has the POTD mod fitted with the three glowing green figures.

Edit: Looks like this listing is legit, it's my old LOTR! :thumbs:

Last edited:
:hmm::hmm::hmm:
IMG_4493.PNG

Funny that was at over £5000, now at £4100, either someone went a viewed it and wasn't as good as they thought and pull there bids or someone has been bidding this up.

It is impossible to know. eBay is a sewer nowadays. Plenty of lying sellers. Plenty of lying buyers.

I would guess that is Mister Marty from on here.

He has sent me those pics before, and even uploaded them here before

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/lotr-mint-huo-for-sale.33498/

He is also a collector and retailer of Comics and collectables so the name fits

Thanks for clarifying this @BigIan

Checking back, I had sent these pictures to Mister Marty in 2013 via the person who picked up the game and took it across the water to deliver it to him. Looks like he never sold the game in that last "for sale" thread.

I was just a bit surprised to see my pictures taken four years ago in an Ebay listing in 2017. :)

Strange bidding activity on the TAF on eBay . Was at £5100 ages ago. Dropped to £4650. And now to £4100

Does that mean at least two bids retracted?

Edit: seen someone already mentioned this , ignore me

Last edited:
Strange bidding activity on the TAF on eBay . Was at £5100 ages ago. Dropped to £4650. And now to £4100

Does that mean at least two bids retracted?

Edit: seen someone already mentioned this , ignore me
Yes very straight angel unless seller was highest bidder

There are quite a few random pop bumper caps, slingshot and other plastics for sale on eBay ay the moment for EMs, Old Bally and Williams SS, System 11s, DE and later. Looks like a couple of guys are having clearouts

Might be worth a look

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom