What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two very large (735 x 554mm) original photographs taken by Herbert Ponting during Capt. Scott's fatal polar expedition. Printed and signed by Ponting himself. The auction house hadn't recognised what they were and listed them as 'old photos in sturdy frames' with an estimate of £10.
View attachment 44144 View attachment 44145
Well played sir!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

View attachment 44042 Omg £620 all ready on this and look at the pictures, must be getting bid up by seller or someone hasn't a glue what they are getting into. Scary
I've just looked at the additional comments recently added by the seller. One says 'Caller: There is no battery leakage' then later the next one says 'Caller: Yes there is battery leakage but I've removed them. I blew the dust off and give them a wipe and there is no damage'?

I bet there's folk on here that have "things" stashed away!
Still live in hope for the TAF project!!!!!!!

Especially when they find cars........
Best I could say would be an 8x6 shed find that would probably be a rusty nail in the corner under some cobwebs.. Lol
But would still start the auction with "RARE"

Any thoughts on the Bally Spectrum? I'm super tempted but already spent £3k on toys this month...

It's an odd one. I like it. Would I buy one one........... Hmmmm not sure

I remember seeing quite an arty shot of one about six months ago and thinking god if I ever see one for sale it's mine. Can't find that pic. Great looking machine though. Rules are totally weird though.

a real fail from Bally this one. lets make a game where the machine calls the shots. great in the home. no so great in a noisy arcade/bar. when Deith Leisure had a moving sale in 1994 there were around 100 Spectrum backglasses in the warehouse from games turned into something else. you got one free with any purchase.

I quite like Spectrum but think it would need to be in a large collection. The premise of codebreaking would get old quite quickly.
Love the artwork though.

I quite like Spectrum but think it would need to be in a large collection. The premise of codebreaking would get old quite quickly.
Love the artwork though.

I agree with this, it looks and sounds great but I had mine set up by itself and I got tired of it quite quickly.

I sold it for £500 on here last year - and it took a little while to go at that price - so £1295 does seem a touch over priced too.....

Yeah, the more I seriously contemplate it the more I think I'd probably be happier with just the backglass. Great looking machine though.

Any good reason why the queens castle is up to 1400 on bids? Really sought after title? Or ebayers playing tricks?

I honestly don't think shill bidding is anywhere near as common as it used to be. At £5000 per offence it's not worth even contemplating these days. It's possible of course, there are plenty of stupid people out there. You only have to drive on a road a few miles to see that.

Oh that one, he was clocking the cars wasn't he?

Will see what happens tomorrow when the high bidder drops out.

Not sure. I think he only got about £4K for all 10 offences, but I'd have to look into it to be sure. They should have made an example of him really.

Any good reason why the queens castle is up to 1400 on bids? Really sought after title? Or ebayers playing tricks?
Utterly bizarre. I emailed the seller to ask if the pictures were of his machine (I knew they were not). He replied 'the last one isn't but I can't take it down.' In fact at least 3 of the 4 photos must be ringers as 2 are from IPDB and the other two show different machines. You can bet the real machine is the one with a grainy photo and a bad backglass. As mentioned before...check out his feedback as a seller. 3 of 5 buyers gave him negative feedback.

STTNG £2600 in Rotheram on Facebook marketplace if anyone's interested

Utterly bizarre. I emailed the seller to ask if the pictures were of his machine (I knew they were not). He replied 'the last one isn't but I can't take it down.' In fact at least 3 of the 4 photos must be ringers as 2 are from IPDB and the other two show different machines. You can bet the real machine is the one with a grainy photo and a bad backglass. As mentioned before...check out his feedback as a seller. 3 of 5 buyers gave him negative feedback.

Back down to £590. Odd one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom