What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_4290.PNG
Omg £620 all ready on this and look at the pictures, must be getting bid up by seller or someone hasn't a glue what they are getting into. Scary

If only Stern or JJP would make a decent StarWars..............but it will never happen, so if a nice Trilogy came along I would have it, but this one must be such a mess, the seller even said "The base has fallen out"
It will take more than the force to get this working.................

er..... yes, a bit i suppose :eek: i didn't think my bid would win it.

anyway that meant i had two, so i frankensteined them into a nice one (long since sold to @scottydoesntknow and no doubt two more moves since then) and a junker that was torched for my own entertainment and to get a reaction from those Merrycans on Pinside. which worked.
I won a black rose that way. My bid was the starting bid at £999. Didn't expect to win it on eBay. Sold it to my dad. He doesn't play it, but it's still there

I cant see it, Disney will want 99% of the profit.

Isn't Star Wars by Steve Ritchie pretty nailed on for this year if the rumours are to be believed? There was a flyer doing the rounds that Stern had a booth at an upcoming Star Wars celebration convention. Plus they did Tron with Disney so have history.

Isn't Star Wars by Steve Ritchie pretty nailed on for this year if the rumours are to be believed? There was a flyer doing the rounds that Stern had a booth at an upcoming Star Wars celebration convention. Plus they did Tron with Disney so have history.

Celebration is in a few days and know a few people that are going, so will ask them to look, I really do hope this is true as would be a fantastic pin, so many great sound clips and quotes they could use.
Disney are a bit strange when it comes to StarWars, I am not even allowed to do any cash related events with My R2 unit, I have to do it through Disney if any money was to be exchanged.

POTC is Disney too.

Cool games, the Black Belt interests me in particular :) Can you bid on these online?
Yes you can bid online. Either through The Saleroom website or probably also direct with the auction house. In either case you would need to register first.

Yup, the wear on the back glass on her dress appears and then disappears. The ones in the house are defiantly different machines....giveaway is also the decor....
...and just looked on IPDB and one of the pictures is from there. Also just checked the sellers feedback. Only 5 feedbacks as a seller, 3 of them negative.

Yes you can bid online. Either through The Saleroom website or probably also direct with the auction house. In either case you would need to register first.

Just looked at their T's and C's and the buyers premium is 17.5% plus VAT plus an additional 3% if you bid online :eek:

So with VAT at 20% you have to add 40% to the hammer price......bloody hell!!!!!

haven't looked at this particular listing/auction house but usually vat is just charged on the auction house's commission not on the total sale, so vat on 17.5%.

also beware if you leave a commission bid/bid on the books as bids can be increased/run up!!

Just looked at their T's and C's and the buyers premium is 17.5% plus VAT plus an additional 3% if you bid online :eek:
Yes, sadly this is now pretty typical for auction sales. You just have to factor this in to your bids. I bought two very nice photographs at auction last year for £5,000 so you can work out what I had to pay on top. It was still half their true value as only one other person in the room realised what they were.

What do you mean? Your bid is your max. bid no?
Most auction houses have T&Cs that allow the auctioneer to go one bid beyond your max bid. So if your max bid is £500 but someone else in the room has just bid £500 the auctioneer can take you one bid up - to say £550.

Yes, sadly this is now pretty typical for auction sales. You just have to factor this in to your bids. I bought two very nice photographs at auction last year for £5,000 so you can work out what I had to pay on top. It was still half their true value as only one other person in the room realised what they were.

Go on, what'd you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom