What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EAG Show, Excel, Docklands. 15-17 Jan

philpalmer

Site Supporter
This years show is in a few weeks, we have a big stand this year, current plan is 9 or 10 games :)

This is primarily a trade show although anyone can get tickets at www.eagexpo.com

Like last year I'd like to encourage any mass group outings to the last day of the show, the 17th, where it is much quieter and often tumbleweed can be seen blowing down the aisles. Although at this point to avoid any tantrums (not naming names but @Neil McRae!!!) I'll mention that myself, @chris b, Jack from JJP, maybe Ryan from Chicago Gaming and the rest of the hardcore crew will have already left leaving the stand in the capable hands of @Tilt_Birmingham by that point.

Jack and Ryan will spend most of their time talking to European distributors but between mass meetings they will be available to say hi to pinheads.

Current line up of games is expected to be

JJP - Woz/DI/Hobbit/POTC
Thunderbirds
Oktoberfest
CGC - MBr, MMr, AFMr
Munsters

Phil

LOL @philpalmer if you think that’s a tantrum you ain’t seen nothing yet ;)

Do you know who’s coming over from Stern? I’m hoping someone other than Doug

I’m going to have the mother****er of all moans about how ****e iron maiden LE is made.

Cheers,
Nell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It will be Doug won't it, who else but the director of int'l sales....

Neil, what the matter with it?

Four issues:

1: Orb Captive ball - this will fire randomly, usually caused by the left flipper. The mech design is shocking. (LE / Premium issue).
2: Mummy Captive ball - this will fire randomly, usually caused by the left flipper. The mech design is shocking. (LE / Premium issue).
3: Mummy sarchopogus lock. The switch design is **** and needs constant adjustment (LE / Premium issue).
4: Shooter lane trajectory. The plunge on Iron maiden is kind of a figure of 8, around one of the key orbits to the left flipper. I was lucky in that mine worked out of the box, many haven't. But then over time mine started to play up which affects the pre-load of trooper multi ball and your ability to get skill shots. The autolauncher needs adjusting such that the ball makes the figure of eight. Again its something that needs a lot of adjustment, and as the playfield gets more use, the ball's speed changes overtime.

1 and 4 (touches wood) I've managed to solve (Well Martin has). 2 was ok for a while but is now hosed again, 3 lots of folks have had, and it recently started to affect me. Pretty much anyone with the premium/LE will get these problems, its just a matter of time.

i had to take the game out of the tournament last week because of 2.

Spent more money on the LE when the Pro is better because of the crap above as the pro doesn't have 1 2 and 3, although when working right (esp 3) the LE kicks ass.

Its more of a whinge that they need to do things properly or not at all. Although I'm beginning to think that nobody can make a machine that works as it should out of the box.

Neil.

It looks like I might be in London (the Wharf no less) on the Tuesday and Wednesday so am considering popping along to this. I realise it's predominantly a trade show and will likely be busy but is it worth a look for Joe public? Will I be able to have blast on Oktoberfest etc or will there likely be massive queues? Most importantly is there a bar? Any impressions from previous years appreciated

It’s a pretty large trade event, not packed and plenty of time and space. Location makes it a bit of a haul for me, worth a few hours - more if you’re meeting people. Not loads of pins though! (Apart from PH)

It looks like I might be in London (the Wharf no less) on the Tuesday and Wednesday so am considering popping along to this. I realise it's predominantly a trade show and will likely be busy but is it worth a look for Joe public? Will I be able to have blast on Oktoberfest etc or will there likely be massive queues? Most importantly is there a bar? Any impressions from previous years appreciated

Yes there’s a bar!

If you are in London worth a trip but I would trek too far for it.

Mostly fruit machines and crap to stick in crane machines!

It’s a damp squib when you’ve been to IAAPA!

Neil

32nd annual show for me . High speed and outrun the highlights in 1986. Pinball has a strong presence v it's importance to the amusement trade . Coin pushers and stackers might bore the pants of you but they keep the arcade industry afloat .

I can’t do Thursday so will be there Tuesday.

PH has pinball- As Phil mention Munsters, JJP games, Oktoberfest, CGC games.

Electocoin has pinballs- will be latest Sterns.
I also like going for the free play arcade games- Time Crisis, Mario Kart for example. All set on free play so you can complete them for free!

Bar inside and loads of places to eat outside.

Not a bad day out really!

Can’t believe we are old school
Now ?
Love the EAG love seeing the redemption games and all the free candy floss ... also that awesome pong table is gonna be there ... gonna be fun :)

We can tell all these whipper snappers what it was like when the latest stern game to come out was big buck hunter and you lot moan about the art package of the munsters ... imagine the horror of seeing 24 being unvailed

Back
Top Bottom