What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E.ON 275% price increase for Electricity 😱

Andypc

Registered
I hope this is not a sign of things to come, but I have just had an e-mail from E.on letting me know that my current tariff is coming to an end for my Pinball Garage, as the supply is separate from my house.
The new tariff and projection is nearly three times higher than this year. The standing charge is going up 275% and unfortunately the standing charge makes up a large part of bill as the electric usage isn't that high.
I will obviously be looking to switch, but still can't get over the size of the increase 😱 275%

There's a lot of providers being talked about, and a few id not heard of.
Who's best ?

I've been with Octopus for over a year now and no complaints at all - very happy with them. I've just moved to their Super Green tariff - didn't seem expensive to me but haven't done a compare.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come, but I have just had an e-mail from E.on letting me know that my current tariff is coming to an end for my Pinball Garage, as the supply is separate from my house.
The new tariff and projection is nearly three times higher than this year. The standing charge is going up 275% and unfortunately the standing charge makes up a large part of bill as the electric usage isn't that high.
I will obviously be looking to switch, but still can't get over the size of the increase 😱 275%
Any chance you can spur it off from your house? I’ve done that from an outside wall socket and laid the cable in some conduit under the garden to my games room. Not too difficult a job for a sparky and maybe will save you a few quid.

Unfortunately not as there is another property in the way. I am with Octopus for my main supply. Looking at all the comparisons sites Symbio seems to be the cheapest at the moment, but still quite a jump up in price. I spent £230 in the last 12 months on my current E.on Tariff and the best quote is Symbio at £360.

4 years with out fox the market, cheaper than octo for our high use, happy for me to send readings when I feel like it. I too got stung by eon after being notified of ‘small increase’ in tariff. By the time I checked, 3 months later, I discovered that a 67% increase is classed as small...

Reactions: JT.
yeah power prices going upwards, all this home working means more power being used, alot more. My bill for the last three months is up 30%.

Neil.

Change every year - but make sure you stay in credit.

Why are you on a seperate supply. How far is it from the house? Do you need a full 100A supply for a garage? May be easier to run an armoured cable from the house (if under 50 metres) - depending how many amps you need.

I use Martin Lewis's Cheap Energy Club. They do comparisons and tell you your best options and if you join some companies through them you get cashback. You can also set a limit so that they email you if there are cheaper options below your limit.
They also highlight companies with bad (or good) customer service.

thanks for the reminder. i have just switched from EDF to SSE. not the absolute best prices but i've been with them before and i know should i need to call them up they were pretty good with that the last time iirc.

Thanks for the advice on the Cheap Energy Club:- https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub
I managed to find a tariff for the Pinball Garage that was only a slight increase with "M&S Energy".
The great news is that I moved my main Gas and Electric supply to "So Energy" with a saving of £300 for the year :cool:
I am now also all set-up for Money Saving Expert to notify me if better tariff's become available.

Back
Top Bottom