What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drunken Ebay purchases

Big Phil

Site Supporter
Alias
OTWBigPhil
Don't think there is a thread of this type? Anyway....what have you purchased in a drunken moment and only remembered the following day or when it turned up?

Bid and won a Xenon project cab one drunk afternoon after too many shandies in the sun. Luckily it was only an hour away and was in great condition with loads of spares, I think someone on here had it off me in the end.

Bought a neo-geo x on Saturday didn't know about it till yesterday when got a message saying it was dispatched why I bought it haven't a clue as I've already got all the games on an arcade machine.

Bought a graphics tablet because I really *really* wanted to try drawing again and figured having photoshop already it was the best way to go. Hey you've had a few drinks right? Yeah I can totally pick up art again having not touched it for like 10 years, easy! WRONG.

Turns up 2 days later, I've lost all interest, realise I still suck at drawing and getting to any reasonable skill level would take far too much effort (that I'd rather be putting into Pinball anyway). Back in the box it went.

Cold War Soviet MIG Fighter Pilot Helmet with high altitude breathing apparatus.
Two pinball machines (one I had to cancel due to wife's reaction).
Lots of Scalextric.
A coffee table that I threw in the tip on the way home from collecting.

Not drinking until xmas....

Bought an old motorhome once! Wasn't off my face by any means, but definitely an ill-judged alcohol-swayed decision. We ended up enjoying it so much that we took a year sabbatical and travelled all over before the words 'kids' and 'mortgage' meant anything to us. We did a blog too, which is still on the internet somewhere I think. Saved money on postcards too :)

When people ask me why i don't drink like I used to, I remind them of this.

The best bit: it cost us about the same as new Stern Pro. When i look at my current games i often think - that'd get me a really nice Van, and a good few months living it up on the Croatian coastline again - only this time; with aircon!

Attachments

• South of France.jpg
    South of France.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Andalucia Spain.jpg
    Andalucia Spain.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 29
Bought an old motorhome once! Wasn't off my face by any means, but definitely an ill-judged alcohol-swayed decision. We ended up enjoying it so much that we took a year sabbatical and travelled all over before the words 'kids' and 'mortgage' meant anything to us. We did a blog too, which is still on the internet somewhere I think. Saved money on postcards too :)

When people ask me why i don't drink like I used to, I remind them of this.

The best bit: it cost us about the same as new Stern Pro. When i look at my current games i often think - that'd get me a really nice Van, and a good few months living it up on the Croatian coastline again - only this time; with aircon!
Brilliant. I'd happily sell a few pins to fund that kind of adventure.

Was once out with a few mates and we started talking about buying mountain bikes for our pub visits to save walking home... Anyway, that night when I got in after a few sherbets I did the deadly sin, eBay on a belly of beer..... :cuckoo:
Checked my email the next day when I surfaced and saw this "Congratulations, you have WON"... Won what????

When I clicked on the link it was for a bright yellow bike 2 sizes to small.

Not on eBay but when on work bashes used to play shopping dare...Drunk in Barcelona I Woke up having spent £1500 on a watch....I was the lucky one, my mate had a £900 cutlery set.....

Cold War Soviet MIG Fighter Pilot Helmet with high altitude breathing apparatus.
Two pinball machines (one I had to cancel due to wife's reaction).
Lots of Scalextric.
A coffee table that I threw in the tip on the way home from collecting.

Not drinking until xmas....

Looks like I can add "Massive ****ing 6ft high jukebox" to the list. Aaarrgh. Damn you wine.

This limo. Back in 2009. Ended up keeping it for a couple of years.

Attachments

• B55F4E93-E1BC-4372-BE54-8C446A171F92.jpeg
    B55F4E93-E1BC-4372-BE54-8C446A171F92.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom