What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dr Dude parts ....

Fintan Stack' date=' post: 1694028 said:
Hey GrizZ

MAD have just listed the slingshots on their site. :cool:

Postage is killer though. :mad:

Cheers ....yeah saw those and am in process of joint purchase with someone via a US contact.

Heart Of RNR I thought I had found ....then the guy informed me it was broken when he actually found it
sad-1.png

And Big Shot figure appears to be unobtanium atm
sad-1.png

There are just so few repro parts around for the Dude

Still looking for all above ....... and also the Jackpot plastic/lamp assembly.

A guy in the US messed me about saying he had various parts, took payment for them, then after 5 weeks decides to inform me that actually they weren't on the playfield after all or were broken. And he will refund me when *he* gets some Paypal funds !!?!! :mad::eek: Way to go dude ....really good way to go about things. F*ckin timewaster.

That is pretty bad of someone, he spent the money and then checked he had what you bought :eek:.

Time for us to just book a holiday to the states and buy up a bulk load of bits and take an empty suitcase.

GrizZ' date=' post: 1694209 said:
Still looking for all above ....... and also the Jackpot plastic/lamp assembly.

A guy in the US messed me about saying he had various parts, took payment for them, then after 5 weeks decides to inform me that actually they weren't on the playfield after all or were broken. And he will refund me when *he* gets some Paypal funds !!?!! :mad::eek: Way to go dude ....really good way to go about things. F*ckin timewaster.

Claim via pp anyhow - for all ya know he could be pulling a fact one, and they will freeze funds (unless it was sent as a gift of course
sad-1.png
)

Calimori' date=' post: 1694210 said:
That is pretty bad of someone, he spent the money and then checked he had what you bought :eek:.

Time for us to just book a holiday to the states and buy up a bulk load of bits and take an empty suitcase.

When I had trouble getting email response from him I did ask on rgp, and was warned he was a bit slack but is an 'ok' guy apparently. Well I'll be happier when I get my $$ refunded, and I sure as hell wouldn't deal with him again. Frustrating on all levels as those parts are a b*tch to find
sad-1.png

Holiday ?? When are we off to the airport then ?
biggrin-1.png

Ahhhh yes him he offered me an earthshaker sling a long time back but never came through
sad-1.png
waited ages.ended up getting a repro set from germany

Make sure you know all the problems with MAD shipping overseas. Check rgp for details.

There are a few hundred pounds worth of parts I need that would save me a fair bit from the states. I would like to do a show too, so maybe we time it for early next year and see what is on.

We live and learn on these things, I often think it is a gamble doing business with someone so far away and thank my angels when things arrive. As the parts become harder to find, we gamble a little more. :suspect:

Pudsey pinball' date=' post: 1694215 said:
He and a few others are noted in my naughty book!!!

Hmmm. I'm getting pretty p*ssed with this guy now. He has been polite and apologetic but still no refund. I have sent him one last email ....god knows why, must be cos I'm way too nice a guy
biggrin-1.png
...... basically demanding my refund before I am forced to claim it back thru Paypal.

Paul' date=' post: 1694211 said:
Claim via pp anyhow - for all ya know he could be pulling a fact one, and they will freeze funds (unless it was sent as a gift of course
sad-1.png
)

Done that now ...oddly with the sellers blessing
rolleyes-1.gif
.... he claims he is having trouble getting money into his account right now
rolleyes-1.gif
Yeah right ....even though within the last few days I have seen him listing stuff for sale on rgp !!! :mad: Oh and he will continue to look out for parts I need !!! ...... yes, like I would ever send him money again. Waste of space.

I have found you the Big Shot figure.

Longsider has this amongest other DD stuff, I will leave it up to you to talk what you need off him.

D.

Ha ..... just for the record I finally got my money back via claim with Paypal. However the seller just emailed me after seeing my posts on here ....

Wow, after finding this, I think you're a real JERK. Best of luck finding whatever it is you're looking for. I was at least being sincere. What a complete Jerk.

Sad, because with a little communication on his side this didn't need to have happened at all. I have to say in 10 years of dealing with people for parts this is the first time I had to wait best part of 6 weeks with little or poor communication, and then have to waste 'my' time making a claim to get 'my' money back.

I understand things go wrong sometimes, but he handled this badly and I consider myself more patient than a lot of folk. As I said before '''f*ckin timewaster"

I agree it is all about communication when you are buying or selling. The buyer entrust their money to someone in the exchange for the goods, in this case the person didn't confirm they had the goods before they allowed you to transfer the money. Then left you for a long time, then denied you an immediate refund as they didn't have the funds. I think that the timewaster description was correct and most will understand why you were frustrated.

Back
Top Bottom