What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading code for stern - which usb stick

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Just tried to download the latest code for Aerosmith. I’m used to pin code downloading in seconds but this one is saying it will take about an hour

Guessing it must be a huge size due to the images

Anyway there is no way it will fit on my data stick. Are there any restrictions as to what stick I can buy? I remember people having problems before with higher capacity memory sticks

Is it just a case of a random amazon purchase?

Cheers

John

The latest AS code is just over 4GB, much larger than usual, hence the longer download time.

I've never had a problem with any memory stick I've used. Just make sure you format (FAT32 I think) it and there's nothing else on there for it work easily.
After uploading I usually move the file into a folder on my laptop to keep it handy, just in case the next upgrade turns out to be crap, and I want to switch back.

My BM66 download kept timing out a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if it was my internet or Stern's site. Managed to download it eventually.

USB sticks seem to be hit and miss. I've had ones work in Sterns that don't work in TNA. I've got an 8GB Sandisk which worked in BM66 and TNA. Not sure what the max size you can use is though.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. The timeout thing is a PITA. I’ve tried downloading the code and it keeps crashing

I’ll retry in the morning when speeds are far faster

Thanks

****ing virgin :eek:

Goes from around 150 down to less than 2 at times in the evening. Normally ****s up just before 9pm when people are back at home

Promised infrastructure upgrades never happen. Can’t get BT infinity as it stops 100m from my house.

Back
Top Bottom