What's new

Do you still own the very first pinball machine you purchased?

Actually technically I've sold two machines, both of which I had on loan and yes at the owners request.

Of the 7 machines that have been through my pin shack 3 have been VECTORs - awesome:thumbs:

first pin swords of fury and still have it :clap:, first dmd lw3 and still have that too

How much was a TAF back then David?

I still have the invoice! 1998 from Pinball Paradise. £1,095 including delivery and set-up !

When I bought my first house, a three bedder in Leeds, I installed a refurbished 7 by 4 pool table and the TAF within weeks!

In 20 years it has just needed a couple of fuses, a new bookcase link, bulbs, rubbers, balls.

Addams was always my favourite game when it was roaming free in the wild.

Nope my Laser Ball has gone but I do think i could have played it a lot more and got into the rules, but I was very much a DMD is the only thing I’d be interested.... Now though I would like a nice System 11, and am on the hunt for a EM project when one comes up at a silly low price... (dreaming), funny how once you get into it your opinions can change.

I don’t regret either sale though, it’s aleays a needs must, as someone recently said to me, in this hobby it’s money and space, one will always be what’s holding you back. I have even been toying with SS eventually leaving maybe in the lead up to xmas and maybe on a loan...

Elvira and the Party Monsters was my first, bought off Ebay from a seller in Poland.. £420 including delivery to my door :D i still remember going out the door to go to work at 5.30am only to find a van parked in my driveway, i was totally freaked out, a guy got out who spoke very little english, opened the back doors and there she was, my first pin, nowhere even close to being tidy but working and it made me very happy.

Today Elvira sits decapitated, just crying out for some much needed TLC :)

My very first pin was Pin*Bot. Unfortunately it had to go to make room for our AFMR LE. I was surprised to hear my 14 year old nephew say that he misses it (he liked it as it had a simpler ruleset - his words).

No, not even close. My first was A13, bought from Andy Heighway. Had no issues with it at all.
Straight swap for a DM, which got traded for a TSPP, which turned into PotC & WPT, a straight swap of PotC for LotR, then BBH :eek:, significant upgrade to Met Prem, which became GoT LE - which is about to change to an IMdn.
Still got the WPT :) which I still love playing.

Have also had plenty of others (NF, HS2 x2, F14, Corvette, SM, TS, Aerobatics, Flash Gordon, AcDc, BK2000, BM:TDK, TZ, TF:LE, Avatar x2, Nascar, MM, TWD, Earthshaker, Hook:sad:, Monopoly, Elvis, Family Guy, MB * AS) on loan from various people (@Telboy , @Sven Normansson , @Dave2084, @kevlar , @Courtney Blush, @Pick Holder, @strobey, plus a few others not on here) over the last 6 years.

PotC is probably the only one I'd consider having back now.

So 36 machines in the last 6 years!!

Last edited:
Nope, had a dog of a Fish Tails from a Liverpool hotel and a players T2, which I collected and somehow got home from Leeds in a van fully assembled and no restraining wires. My god I was very green 5-6 yrs ago. Still, post divorce and pinball-is-go was in progress :)

Back
Top Bottom