What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DmdXPress

I was lucky enough to get a chance of buying the first Dmdxpress, you'll find my review of it below.

Here's my review on your DMDXPRESS.

Arrived well packaged, opened it and it was an easy plug and play on WPC games (Black Rose and Party Zone) unfortunately the display doesn't fit straight onto these pins but I'm going to try and remove the backboard on the dmd or make the cutout on the lightboard bigger to fit the dmdxpress.

The dmdxpress will fit all games with a low speaker panel.

I did try it in Junkyard WPC95 the dmd fitted perfectly but I couldn't power it from the pin due to a different connection from the board. This is being rectified since our conversation on this matter.

You can change the colour of the display by pressing a button on the back of the board, this includes a setting that cycles through all colours at 1min intervals.

I wanted this to replace a standard dmd with lines out and I also had a HV power fault on the DMD board so this is a great replacement, and a lot cheaper than a standard dmd.

I'd highly recommend this and can see myself buying more in the future, great work.

I'll add an update on fitting it to Black Rose once I get it back after NERG.

Attachments

• 20180601_193726.jpg
    20180601_193726.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 84
  • 20180602_192257.jpg
    20180602_192257.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 20180602_192517.jpg
    20180602_192517.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 20180602_195949.jpg
    20180602_195949.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20180602_192541.jpg
    20180602_192541.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 78
Dave had to change his supplier hence the delay I got one off him a few weeks ago he had a order going in then so they should be available soon.
I am sure Dave will confirm when they land soon.
Great product at a great price.

I'm in the process of selling my house and building a new one - this means I had to close down my lab for now so can't manufacture anything. I'm looking to get this moving again after summer. Cheers, David.

It took a bit longer than expected but I'm back selling DMD Extenders on my new web shop at www.drpinball.co.uk

I'm currently working on a new version of DmdXPress with reduced component count - when this is released I'll let you all know. This proved popular when I had them last time so I'll make sure plenty are available.

DotClk will be last on the list for further builds as I think everyone has one who wants one. I may make a smaller version that uses the same screens as DmdXPress so I can control the outgoings by using a common component on the 2 products.

Cheers, David.

Last edited:
I’d be wanting one for my DE Jurassic Park...
It took a bit longer than expected but I'm back selling DMD Extenders on my new web shop at www.drpinball.co.uk

I'm currently working on a new version of DmdXPress with reduced component count - when this is released I'll let you all know. This proved popular when I had them last time so I'll make sure plenty are available.

DotClk will be last on the list for further builds as I think everyone has one who wants one. I may make a smaller version that uses the same screens as DmdXPress so I can control the outgoings by using a common component on the 2 products.

Cheers, David.

Would you consider selling the DmdXpress as a kit (bare PCB + components) to save on cost ?

You have plenty of real estate, if you're reworking the board might be worth making every at least 0603 which is easy to do by hand.

Any updates on this, one of my displays has just died and this would be ideal.

Back
Top Bottom