What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Diverter coil, coil stop bracket and pin needed for F14 Tomcat

marcoos_1

Registered
Alias
Mark McC
This may be a long shot.........but.........

For some strange reason my Tomcat is missing a diverter coil, the end stop bracket and the pin that connects it to the plunger. I think I can (maybe) source the coil, but apparently the other bits are obsolete now. Is there any chance someone has some available?

If not, I guess I can try and modify something, so if anyone has any suggestions on what would be the best parts to start with then that would be great. I never realised there were so many coil stop brackets! Part numbers for the bits needed are as follows, and a pic attached showing what's there (or not!)

Coil: AE-26-1500
Stop bracket: A-11614
The pin part is 02-4291

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Mark

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 42
Pretty sure you should be able to knock something up.
What length is the original plunger ? Or have you got that and just need the end part ?

Yeah, I've got the original plunger and return spring that goes around it. Just needing the coil, end stop bracket and the pin that connects the plunger to the bracket on the diverter shaft.

I'd think the coil and end stop can be sorted from bought parts and you can make something fit. For the pin I'd have a go at creating something with a nut, bolt and washer combination :thumbs: Unless someone on here has a spare mech or part you can buy.

I'd say pull the pin and measure with and length. Ideally you're after a "pivot bolt" where the movement is on the shank and not the threads. An automotive clutch / pedal bolt is the kinda thing you're after.

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 17.11.23.png

The coil & bracket should be easy-peasy.

Hello, Mark,

Re. the diverter coil(s); it's a minor thing, but the manual for F-14 gives contradictory information about these (what a surprise). The listing for the diverter chassis assembly says AE 26-1500, but the solenoid chart indicates AL 26-1500, as with my recollection of my own example. The crucial thing is the gauge and number of turns, though. The AL type had one of the terminals placed on the centre of the plastic former. I supposed that that it might've been due to the placement of the assembly, near the playfield edge. Though the assembly is behind the pivot point, and doesn't lift above the top edge of the cabinet.

Brilliant, thanks for everyones help. Looks like I have sourced the entire assembly from a forum member, which is brilliant.

Jay, I checked my manual again and I see what you mean. Not exactly ideal that!

One thing I did turn up during my search is some info on Tomcat diverter coils burning out (I think it was on Pinside). Some say it can be quite common so they have looped the original 50v coil wires together (to keep the circuit) and by passed the diverters, then taken a 25v feed from the pop-bumpers instead? I think some have done some transistor swapping too. (This issue might explain why my whole coil assembly was missing!)

What do you guys think? Is this worth doing or should I leave it as is? I've not really had my game playing properely yet so don't know if I have an issue......

Look forward to your thoughts and again, thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom