What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion: Pinball Tools

edsr

Registered
Thought I’d start this thread as a place for people to leave comments about tools they have bought or are thinking about buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been looking at how to restore my pitted and corroded gold ramp wireforms. Apparently they were gold plated originally...

Kits available on eBay for £50

Anyone tried this?

The main tools i use are -

Stubby ratchet screwdriver with changable end bits.
1/4" drive imperial sized sockets with adapter to use them with the stubby screwdriver
tiny 4" adjustable spanner
Soldering Iron
Pliers
Small hammer
Magnetic torch
Recently have also used the Tig welder a bit recently for repairing broken scoops/brackets

They look ideal - nice deep sockets on the end. I’ve been looking for a decent set at a reasonable price and found those on eBay too [emoji106]

Are they magnetic? I have some tiny neodymium magnets I can put inside most of them if not.

Also does the 3/16 one fit those tiny screws that the micro switches are fixed to the ball trough with?

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171130_b9838e6db8825cd1a2f0186b29620b9c.jpg

Last edited:
This is my indispensable piece of kit. Add telescopic magnetic grabber, two pairs of pliers, screwdriver set and larger ratchet for leg bolts and that’s all I need.uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171130_ae08505fb6b4e90720637028fe6226f6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The kit isn’t magnetic. There are two ring magnets in there which I slide over the shaft (ooer...) when the need arises

Thought I’d start this thread as a place for people to leave comments about tools they have bought or are thinking about buying.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Teng-Tools...145688?hash=item2a537a3a58:g:9SMAAOSwZqZaEp-E

AWESOME kit.In my old work about 90% ie a few dozen aircraft engineers had these.Great cos pins too are made with little access.Kit also has safety torx for the backboc lock bolts.Also it is worth every penny.Have two as one in work one at home for pins

Aldo ya need IMPERIAL spanners and sockets not metric and a multimeter .As said magnets,mirrors,and grabbers are good.Surprisingly switch adjustment tool great too

This is my indispensable piece of kit. Add telescopic magnetic grabber, two pairs of pliers, screwdriver set and larger ratchet for leg bolts and that’s all I need.uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171130_ae08505fb6b4e90720637028fe6226f6.jpg

That looks really nice. You get the ease of the screwdriver, but also a spanner for tight spaces.

They look ideal - nice deep sockets on the end. I’ve been looking for a decent set at a reasonable price and found those on eBay too [emoji106]

Are they magnetic? I have some tiny neodymium magnets I can put inside most of them if not.

Also does the 3/16 one fit those tiny screws that the micro switches are fixed to the ball trough with?

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20171130_b9838e6db8825cd1a2f0186b29620b9c.jpg

I measured across the flats on the heads of these small screws ( part number 237-5938-00 ) crudely with a tape measure and they look to be just over 3mm. 1/8” is 3.175mm so I THINK that’s the socket to get for doing those small micro switch screws.

Best I could find: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/132133530407

Last edited:
Good deal on the compressor - wish I had room for one. I’ve taken over the utility room at the moment, which is not going down well at all.

The thing I am really struggling to find and refuse to pay £££ for is a rivet press/clamp/clincher - has to be a cost effective way of bending the end of a rivet over without importing from the states or hammering your ramps. What do you guys use?

Last edited:
The thing I am really struggling to find and refuse to pay £££ for is a rivet press/clamp/clincher - has to be a cost effective way of bending the end of a rivet over without importing from the states or hammering your ramps. What do you guys use?

Andy @pinballmania was nice enough to sort me out when I required a few rivets sorting very reasonable might be worth giving him a shout, as probably not worth buying one for a couple of uses?

Good deal on the compressor - wish I had room for one. I’ve taken over the utility room at the moment, which is not going down well at all.

Machine mart do a press a lot of us use

Back
Top Bottom