What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disassemble Flipper Button?

Eccentric-Nut

Registered
I've got a flipper button which has either a weak spring or is sticking, I am not sure which.

Having removed the button from the cabinet, my question is can it be dismantled for further inspection, I've removed the C clip from the end of the plunger I was then expecting to be able to remove the plunger from the outer housing, but this seem to not be the case.

Any way to disassemble any further or am I just missing something obvious?

I've got a flipper button which has either a weak spring or is sticking, I am not sure which.

Having removed the button from the cabinet, my question is can it be dismantled for further inspection, I've removed the C clip from the end of the plunger I was then expecting to be able to remove the plunger from the outer housing, but this seem to not be the case.

Any way to disassemble any further or am I just missing something obvious?
Hiya

It depends on the type of button. Do you have a photo of the offending button you can share?

Cheers
Ash

I've already removed the metal C clip, it did not come apart, I will investigate more.

I have always been of the mindset repair if possible rather than replace, just seems to be unnecessary waste. As I would have to replace both buttons as the odds of the new red colour plastic button matching the other old one is slim to none, and colour mismatched buttons would bother me.

Thanks for the assistance, always appreciated.

Very admirable, but they do wear and stick, colours are pretty consistent and you could
Always choose to change colour

Back
Top Bottom