What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirty Harry Shop Log

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
So DH is next up for a shop out :) I've already stripped it down and am now going through the laborious process of cleaning the contents of the various bags of bits. It was a pretty simple teardown as there's nothing that complicated on the machine and the biggest mech is the gun which is very similar to the ones on STTNG, so all nice and familiar. The previous owner (toasty hamster) had already put in a new ramp and a load of new plastics so should be just a clean up job needed on this as everything is working. Some pics......

IMG_1438.jpgIMG_1414.jpgIMG_1408.jpg
IMG_1381.jpgIMG_1372.jpg
IMG_1329.jpgIMG_1331.jpg

It will look good when cleaned,it always gets v dirty on the right side ane where the magna force is,I miss mine now and then a v good game.

Not much to show at the moment on DH. I'm just working my way through the bags of bits cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning :yawn: Got the day off work tomorrow so should be able to make some good progress and actually clean up the plastic bits rather than just bags of screws and posts.....I really need to get a tumbler. It would probably get done a bit quicker if I didn't play so much FT....can't help myself, it's awesome :hail:

Noticed the missing bracket yet? :) Look forward to seeing the finished article, I didn't fancy stripping the whole playfield to clean it, so it should be pretty obvious which bits I didn't get to!

Finished cleaning all he bags of bits at last. All the various under pf kickers and troughs have been stripped and cleaned as well so everything is ready to go back on once the pf is done. The lockdown bar mech wasn't locking so I took it to bits, cleaned it all up and now it's fine. I spent some time today cleaning all of the lamp board pcb's and inserts as well.

Given the pf an initial clean with the foaming spray and a first pass with magic eraser and thats got most of the dirt off so it's onto the Novus next ;) Before that I'm doing some work on the various scoop holes, bit of sanding to clean up the rough edges and then some coats of Hard As Nails to seal the wood and protect it. Hopefully I'll have it all back together soon.....FT after that :smokin:

More pics needed matey, especially of what you're saying about scoop holes - I want before, during and after shots if you're sanding and then adding nail polish or that mix together fake wood stuff, as I've not tried any of that yet so am intrigued.

Did you dare to add the time up? Mine is looking like being a 24h job which is reasonable I think, as it means it can be a part time task that's finished in a fortnight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355298945.773655.jpg

I'll chuck some pics up later, been a bit slack with those :redface: I've not been counting the time but I reckon I've worked on it most nights and weekends for the last 2 - 3 weeks. I shudder to think how much time I spend on cleaning individual nuts, washers and screws never mind the bigger stuff.....I need to invest in a tumbler :p

Some pics, the pf has had foaming cleaner and one pass with the magic eraser but has come up pretty good. Once it's had the Novus and wax treatment it should look really nice....

P1030223.jpgP1030224.jpg

Here's a few of pics of one of the scoop holes I'm working on. The first too are the before pics and the 3rd one is after an initial sand down to remove the roughness and splinters....

P1030225.jpgP1030228.jpgP1030231.jpg

And finally, I managed to rescue a parcel from the Post Office a week after they tried to deliver it. Mmmmmmm pretty colours....thanks Mel (and in answer to your question, no the old games aren't normally my forte). Most of this is for FT but the blue and grey posts will get used on DH...

P1030230.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of the finished scoop hole after a few more coats of Hard as Nails, some sanding and my shocking attempt at painting a black line :) Not perfect by any means but looks a lot better than it did and more importantly the rough, splintered wood is fixed and it's now a good smooth solid surface which should protect it fro further wear....

P1030236.jpg P1030237.jpg

And the here's the cleaned and waxed pf just before I started putting things back on, it's come up really nice....

P1030232.jpg P1030234.jpg P1030235.jpg

Looking good dude,I've used an old egg cup and a fine brush to pain't my semi circular lines before and it works v well with a light touch and steady hand,it'll be nice to see finished product.

Another excellent job, the Ronsplooter production line completes them quicker than JJP.

Now can we have more info and pictures on the wear protection, repair please. Does Hard as Nails fill the hole or just cover it? It would be great to document our repair work for future reference. :attention:

From what I can tell the Hard As Nails seals the wood on the first couple of coats and then after I sanded it back and put another few coats on (with sanding in between) it fills some of the smaller holes and grooves....it's quick thick. I just need to find out from the missus where she buys it from as I'm running out :D

Looks great, what did you do with the HQ hole? I need to catch up about your other table too, you going to the next league meet?

Looks great, what did you do with the HQ hole? I need to catch up about your other table too, you going to the next league meet?

Not too much with the HQ hole, removed the filler, sanded it back and then used Hard As Nails to seal and protect the wood. I repainted the black line that runs round the edge of the hole, a few more coats and some sanding later and I'm happy with it. I'll be at the next league meet, which table do you want to catch up about?

Looks great Chris - now you can enjoy playing it

Cheers Ive, gonna spend some time on it over Christmas but it might be up for sale soon (along with one of my others).....after playing LOTR round Stormy's I've got a hankering for one :wackoz:

You sure love those LEDs, too many for my taste but I certainly agree that you've lit it up!

Nice work dude, she looks almost fresh outta the factory. One of these days ima get me a hold old a Splootay shop job, as I know I'll never have to do another thing to it for the next five years :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356302694.722967.jpg

No LED's in this one mate, thats all incandescent lamps :D Might be the way my camera shows them up.

Back
Top Bottom